HCG levels going up & down

babypls

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, i've just jumped trimesters to see if theres anyone thats experienced this and has made it here :happydance:, I'm 6 weeks pregnant and since last week my hcg levels have been fluctuating as follows:
18/8 1500
20/8 1100
22/8 1500
25/8 1300
Anyone know what this means? or been through this and had a successful pregnancy?
I had a scan on 21/8 which showed a sac measuring 5 weeks 2 days which is correct for my duration however nothing could be seen yet. I 've had no pain or bleeding and my boobs still hurt.
I have another scan tomorrow to see whats happening...i'm going crazy not knowing...:wacko:

I've absolutely no idea about HCG levels but good luck with the scan today.

Thought I would bump this up to the top of the forum...see if anyone else can help you.

Sorry to be of no help....didn't want to read and run xx

Never even had mine monitored, why are you having yours monitored? are you in the US?

sorry cant be of much help!

Hi, i'm in New Zealand...only reason my levels were monitored was because i was with a fertility clinic and on clomid when we concieved... i will not be doing the blood tests for my future pregnancies.. it just causes unnecessary anxiety!
Will keep you posted on how my scan goes tomorrow [-o<

Hi hun,

I've had plenty of blood tests for hcg levels.

With my first they started at six hundred and over 3 weeks they only rose to 3300. I miscarried two weeks later.

With this pregnancy they started low but rose slowly and now im 28 weeks.

I've never heard of them going up and down though, good luck with your scan

xx

i'm not too sure about this but i've heard that if the pregnancy starts off as multiple (like triplets) if one or more of them don't make it the hcg levels can go down but rise back up as the healthy one carrys on growing. don't take my word for it though, sorry can't help more. hope it works out well for you x

maybe its caused by some fertility drugs you were taking. ??? Just guessing!

First trimester is a worrying time for everyone so i wish you the best of luck and hope that in 9 months time you have a healthy baby! good luck! :D

i have no clue, but i *thought* they were only supposed to go up. don't take my word as bond though because this is my first rodeo!

good luck and i hope everything is okay!

I hope everything is ok. I have heard that sometimes you can lose a multiple, and they will drop, then rise again. I also know that there can be some variance among labs. That said, I have had my levels checked with every pregnancy that I have had after my first loss, and once they start going down they have confirmed a loss.
Best of luck at your scan!

Update: good news - baby is there and the right size and good heart beat of 120bpm. bad news - Gestational sac is small for age.
So not out of the woods yet.. have got blood tests every 2-3 days until the 7th sept when i have another u/s.

HCG levels should double every 2-3 days. So, it is concerning that the levels aren't going up. But, anything can happen! I wish you the best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->