• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

HCG levels not doubling - should i worry?

clarabella

DH, DD & 2 cats!
Reaction score
I had my beta hcg done on Thursday morning - it was 23616. I had it done this morning (exactly 48 hours later) and is was 35191. The midwife i was speaking to didn't really know much about hcg levels, so she's getting one of her colleagues to call me back later (one who knows more about it).

I am of course, sitting here worrying myself sick now that as it hasn't even nearly doubled, that we are in trouble. MW did say that it was still a good increase, but obviously if it is meant to double, we are quite a long way off.

I have been feeling more symptoms the last couple of days (boobs more sore, and feeling nauseous) so was thinking to myself that hcg must be increasing, just not as much as i thought!

Sorry for the ramble, i was just hoping that maybe somebody has been through something similar, and has still gone on the have a little healthy beanie!

Hiya,

How many weeks are you? I read on another thread that when the levels get quite high (like yours) they can take a few more days to double. I hope that person posts here to help reassure you. :hugs:

When levels reach a certain point they stop doubleing so im sure as yours are Very high that everything is fine.

how many weeks are you?

i'm only 6 weeks today, so thought that as i'm still early on, they should be doubling? the mw i spoke to on thurs about results seemed to think that results were promising, but it's the whole doubling business that's getting me! I do have an early scan on Tuesday, so don't have long to wait and see what's going on, but Tuesday seems like a lifetime away right now!

xxx

As the levels get higher they do stop increasing at the same rate, but that's a great increase - and early on you should expect them to double every 48-72 hours, so a rise like that in 48 sounds great :hugs: x

My bloods at 6 week were 1500 lol so the fact that yours are so high,, are you having twins?

My bloods at 6 week were 1500 lol so the fact that yours are so high,, are you having twins?

Wow, what a difference in the levels, i didn't think mine were that high! lol

We did have IUI, and I had two eggs, so you never know! As long as there's at least one healty one in there, i don't care!

I am such a worry wart though, i suppose i should relax a little, but until i see that everything is ok, i won't!

Thanks for your advice ladies, as usual, it has put my mind to rest speaking to you! :hug:

They are mega numbers for 6 weeks, i reckon theres 2 in the oven ;)

At this stage (beyond 6,000), your HCG should take much longer than 48 hours to double... more like 4-5 days or more. So, it's perfectly normal!!

Oh I just read that you're at 6 weeks!! Mine were only 12,000 at 5w6ds.... are you sure you're not a little bit further? Either way it's looking great!

At this stage (beyond 6,000), your HCG should take much longer than 48 hours to double... more like 4-5 days or more. So, it's perfectly normal!!

Oh I just read that you're at 6 weeks!! Mine were only 12,000 at 5w6ds.... are you sure you're not a little bit further? Either way it's looking great!

Hi Charliesmom,

I just actually found something on the internet that says that when levels are over 6000, they can take longer than 96 hours to double - this has put my mind to rest a good bit, although it seems that my levels are quite high compared to others? I know they are in normal range though, so will see what happens at ultrasound scan on Tuesday.

We had fertility treatment to get pregnant, so i know exactly how far along i am (give or take a day)!

Early on they should double about every 48 hours. Over a certain amount and it will take longer. In fact, at a certain point in pregnancy your levels will begin to go down, and this is not only fine, but expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"