hcg levels rising but not doubling

purplekitty

Reaction score
Hi all, ive recently found out that im pregnant and because i was having pains the doctor wanted to do my hcg levels. on monday my hcg levels were 30400 u/l and on wednesday they were 39494 u/l. I phoned the doctor and said i was a little concerned about the levels not doubling and he didnt seem fazed at all. He just said that he was happy they were rising.

Has anyone had this before? Thanks:shrug:

At that high I don't believe they are suppose to double every 48 hours hun more like every 3-4 days at that point. It's only when they are a lot lower they are suppose to double.

I second this! No need to worry. Your levels are so high that they don't need to double at this point.

I was told last week that they only need to double until they reach above 10,000 as your are above that I really wouldn't worry. They are rising that's a massive positive. Stop worrying about numbers and enjoy your pregnancy xx

I would ask for a scan. My hcg level was 42,000 with my last pregnancy and the second draw rose to 49,000. I was surprised because of how high they were that the scan showed that I had miscarried (no heartbeat). That being said, you eventually get to a point where hcg levels do stop doubling and start leveling off. They told me before my scan that it could go either way since mine were so high and I was 8/9 weeks when levels usually began to stabilize. Please push for a scan, even if you have to go to the ER. It is better to know than to wonder, believe me. I wish you only the best of luck! Keep updated!

I've never had my hcg checked to see if it's doubling. I wouldn't worry about it unless your dr is worried.

Over 1200 it can take up to 96 hours to double (that's mIU/mL, so I suppose that'd be 12,000 for u/l.....sorry I'm in the US and we use mIU/mL here) At 6,000 mIU/mL, it can take even longer. Over the past 3 years on this board I've seen lots of women who don't have textbook rises be okay. Hopefully you can get a scan soon to be reassured.

Thank you all .... Because its the weekend i can't really do alot but i will go back to the drs on monday. I have had numerous early miscarriages so i am a little more paranoid. This morning i woke to find that my boobs are not sore anymore so that has definitely frightened me because thats the first thing that happens just before i miscarry. I can't understand my doctor arranging a scan because a) im not sure how far i am b) because i went in to complain about pain on my right side and c) because i have had numerous miscarriages..... slightly miffed to be honest. thanks for the help/reassurance girls though. will keep you updated. xxx

Your hCG levels are beautiful. At those levels your hCG is going to take more Kim 4 days to double. Try to relax and Google is not your friend. Women miscarry at with levels both higher and lower than yours. As long as you're not having any cramping and bleeding, you should just try to relax. A happy and healthy pregnancy to you! I am sorry for your losses! I know the heartbreak!

keep us posted purplekitty!! I'm praying everything turns out okay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->