hcg levels

sdc010905

Reaction score
I may be really stupid but i had 7dpo bloods done on wed to check progesterone and my doctor did beta hcg too which came back at less than 1 (i wasnt expecting positive at 7dpo anyway). Im guessing that this means my baseline hcg is less than 1 when im not preg....i know some people have anything up to 4....so does that mean even if implantation tokk place day 8/9- realistically speaking if hcg doubles roughly every 48 hrs it could take go like this- 1 on day 9, 2 on day 11, 4 on day 13, 8 on day 15, 16 on day 17, 32 on 19dpo....surely this cant be right-barely anyone takes that long to show bfp (myself included!). Maybe it rises faster at the beginning? I dont want to keep wasting expensive tests (im 10dpo today and nothing) but i am supposed to start progesterone if i get a bfp. Is there a point in me testing again tonight/tomorrow?

Implantation can occur anywhere from 6 dpo to 12 dpo. It's very possible you had this happen yet. Hcg isn't produced until implantation. Women who get a positive at 8 dpo or 10 dpo probably implanted right at 6 dpo thus they are able to get an early positive. But if you are one if these women who don't implant until 9 or 10 dpo well then you might have to wait until 14 dpo to get a bfp. It all just depends on implantation.

You figured correctly, but the emby starts implant with a number higher than 1, no way to know what. It is producing hcg not long after fert, it's just not in our blood until they start implant. But yes, those rare cases where a woman doesn't get a bfp till 16dpo etc is usually a late implant and/or slow hcg rise because that particular bean started implant with a 1 or 2 for ex. hcg.
:dust:

That makes sense to me now jlm! I have like zero hope for this cycle anyway! Whereabouts in cycle are you?

Also most people's doubling rate is less than 48 hours.

sdc I either just O'd ystrdy or will today opk +ystrdy and today but also had cervix high soft open, watery cm
Met my donor last night...he accidentally knocked the cup o :spermy: to the carpet :shock: I salvaged 2-3 DROPS literally from the cup...not hopeful
Gonna meet tonight, but I had a .65 temp shift this morn which should mean I already O'd, so may be too late
Of course I also had a glass o vino with a friend and barely slept 3 hrs?? SO the rise may be a fluke:shrug:

Oh no!!! That must be so annoying- Im just so sick of the whole thing, i cant believe its the end if the summer and ive got nowhere....thought i was a super fertile person-i used to be but not anymore it seems. My doctor suggested i do baby aspirin along with progesterone but i tried finding baby aspirin today and no pharmacies here have it??I dont't know the proper name of it. By any chance do you know?

I may be really stupid but i had 7dpo bloods done on wed to check progesterone and my doctor did beta hcg too which came back at less than 1 (i wasnt expecting positive at 7dpo anyway). Im guessing that this means my baseline hcg is less than 1 when im not preg....i know some people have anything up to 4....so does that mean even if implantation tokk place day 8/9- realistically speaking if hcg doubles roughly every 48 hrs it could take go like this- 1 on day 9, 2 on day 11, 4 on day 13, 8 on day 15, 16 on day 17, 32 on 19dpo....surely this cant be right-barely anyone takes that long to show bfp (myself included!). Maybe it rises faster at the beginning? I dont want to keep wasting expensive tests (im 10dpo today and nothing) but i am supposed to start progesterone if i get a bfp. Is there a point in me testing again tonight/tomorrow?

I read that your levels can be anywhere for 1-5 and yes it will be one when the eggy implantations and will take a while to get a BFP if so

I read that your levels can be anywhere for 1-5 and yes it will be one when the eggy implantations and will take a while to get a BFP if so

I wonder does baseline hcg vary from cycle to cycle.....i've had early bfps before so i really doubt its worked or id be seeing a little something by now.

I think all hormone levels of any type can vary from time to time.

sdc just get low dose aspirin in the pharmacy section it's the 81mg one.
It thins the blood slightly, that's why ppl with high b/p and heart probs take it. For us it helps the bean implant easier.
I use it from just before O through the 2 wk wait or at least a solid bfp.
Also I got progesterone cream 20mg per pump at the local health/natural food store.
It stopped my spotting last cycle in it's tracks, and AF didn't come till I stopped it. It's the only one I found that states it has 20 mg USP Progesterone.
Here's a pic of it- was $18-25 depending on size. I have it on standby.
So use the 81mg Aspirin (like $2 at walmart) from O to implant roughly, and Progest Cream should be started a few days AFTER O (3dpo most common). As soon as I have a strong bfp I am in to my doc to get reg progesterone that can be taken as a pill to ensure a asteady amt. They wean you off between 10-12 weeks when the bean takes over!
That's my plan to avoid a thrid chemical in a row!
ProgestaCareFront.jpg
ProgestaCareBack.jpg

sdc just get low dose aspirin in the pharmacy section it's the 81mg one.
It thins the blood slightly, that's why ppl with high b/p and heart probs take it. For us it helps the bean implant easier.
I use it from just before O through the 2 wk wait or at least a solid bfp.
Also I got progesterone cream 20mg per pump at the local health/natural food store.
It stopped my spotting last cycle in it's tracks, and AF didn't come till I stopped it. It's the only one I found that states it has 20 mg USP Progesterone.
Here's a pic of it- was $18-25 depending on size. I have it on standby.
So use the 81mg Aspirin (like $2 at walmart) from O to implant roughly, and Progest Cream should be started a few days AFTER O (3dpo most common). As soon as I have a strong bfp I am in to my doc to get reg progesterone that can be taken as a pill to ensure a asteady amt. They wean you off between 10-12 weeks when the bean takes over!
That's my plan to avoid a thrid chemical in a row!
View attachment 896995
View attachment 896997

I have a prescription for cyclogest pessaries (progesterone) to start 3dpo next cycle. They measure progesterone differently here(ireland) than US-here i have a score of 37 (12 in us) which shows i ovulatedbut anything less than 40 means unlikely implant and wont sustain a preg if you do-they want between 60 and 90 ideally although people have managed on less.Yeah i just googled and apparently for baby aspirin people here are either driving to North of Ireland (as its officially UK) to buy it or chopping normal 320g aspirin in 4! So i'll prob just have to do that. Strange though..feeling out for this cycle-bfn and cramps already though my af isnt due til wed (sometimes my lp is short so it might show early). A part of me wants a bfp but another part of me knoes it would probably just be a 3rd chemical so it might be better that it didnt work out this month. Next month the cyclogest should have me in better shape for holding onto a pregnancy if i do conceive. I hope we get our bfps soon- apart from your spilled donation(!) Do u think you covered your bases?

sdc it certainly does get confusing betwn countries hehe.
I hope you will get your dream bean this time. I know what you mean about dreading a 3rd chemical, that's why i am def doing the asa and progest
FX and Sticky :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->