Hcg not doubling after 4 days

doggymom

Reaction score
I had my beta hcg done on Monday and it was 32,000 and then again today (Friday) 55,000. I'm very worried that it didn't double!! I'm 6weeks 6days and have miscarried before so I'm freaking out!

:hugs: You are probably fine. Hcg takes a lot longer to double when the numbers are as high as yours. The main thing is that it's still rising.

I had mine checked at 6 weeks 5 days and it was 46,000+. 3 days later it had only gone up to 67,000+ and I freaked out. Had my first ultrasound the following day and baby was just fine, measuring on time with a strong heartbeat.

I'm not sure it needs to continue doubling at this point, as long as it's increasing...you should def be able to see a sac and pole, possibly heartbeat at this point. Is there a reason they are still testing your hcg?

Levels stop doubling at around 6 weeks so Im sure youre fine! :hugs:

Like all the other girls said, they don't double anymore when they're that high. Once your levels are above 6,000, HCG isn't a good predictor of viability anymore, an ultrasound is much better. Do you have one scheduled?

i have an ultrasound Monday. thank you all. im feeling good about it now :)

https://www.betabase.info/chart/doubling/single

Is a fun site to obsess over. It has doubling times for HEALTHY pregnancies. Might make you feel better. The doubling def slow down as the numbers get big

Your fine! Your ultrasound monday will be your best bet to go by!

You're fine. Mine was 33,000 at 6 weeks my Dr said it was perfect.
My 1st scan is on Wednesday :)

My fertility clinic will not repeat test HCG over 10,000 as the doubling times slow and it causes worry. Your numbers are great. Good luck at your u/s

I wouldnt worry! Here in the UK 99% of pregnant women dont get HCG levels checked, our first confirmation of a viable pregnancy is a dating scan done between 11-14weeks. (Unless you pay for private or a dr thinks you need an early scan)
I think the whole getting your HCG levels checked seems to give you all an extra thing to worry about. :flower: anyway as others have said, they think its fine. Try relax and enjoy it hun, before you know it you will be in 3rd tri x

Hi all,
After 12 months of trying, on our first round of Clomid, I got my BFP on 8/18 and retested again at work at it was definitely very positive. This was at most 13 dpo. I had my HCG level checked that day and they called and stated that I was definitely pregnant and my level was 119 at 12:00pm. I had my hcg level rechecked at 10:00am on 8/20 at 15dpo (maybe) and it was 221. The nurse told me to repeat it again in 48 hours to see what happens but I am really worried. I know it is really really early on but I am a nervous wreck waiting for those 3rd results on Monday:( Any thoughts?

Hi Mommy2be,

I know it can be scary. I know everyone talks about a 48 hour change, but 72 hours is also considered a normal doubling time for a healthy pregnancy and your numbers would definitely fall within that range. The only way to know is to keep repeating the HCG test. I really hope it works out well for you. :hugs:

Thanks Shellgirl!
I really hope so. I had it repeated today but sometimes I feel like this constant testing is more stressful than useful. Plus I have to wait until Monday to get my results! It doesn't help that I have had cramping but this has eased up the last 2 days thank goodness but every cramp and twinge I get more anxious! My fingers are crossed for my doubling time to speed up a bit this next test:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->