HCG not doubling...

ccoastgal

Reaction score
So for some reason my doctor wants me to keep getting my HCG checked until I go in for my appointment which I will be 9 weeks... I went on Saturday and they were 4598 and I went today and they are 9025. Which is a doubling time of 96.62 hours. Has anyone gone through this and not have an issue? BTW I can't get an earlier appointment. I feel so lost and completely heartbroken right now.

I wouldn't worry just yet Hun. Don't pin so much on the numbers. Before new year I had mine done a couple of times and they never doubled. I had an early scan and they couldn't find a baby anywhere. They did manage to find a sac after 4 days of bloods and and scans but no baby. I go back on the 15th to hopefully find a baby. The nurse said to me with my last blood test if they don't double then we will need to discuss termination, how they can say that I'll never know? Honestly try to relax, your numbers are going up that's the main thing right now. Xx

I've read that when your hcg gets that high, a doubling time around 96 hours is completely normal. Don't stress about it! It's only supposed to double every 48 hours until you get up to 1200 or so.

:hugs: Vicky! I've also heard that there are plenty of pregnancies where the hcg doesn't double, but result in perfectly healthy babies. Fx for a great next scan!

The higher the HCG level, the longer it takes to double. Please try not to worry!

Your doctor would be better off sending you for an ultrasound at this stage, mine also wanted me to get HCG tested frequently and it was annoying. He finally stopped when I had a scan at 6+4 and everything was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->