HCG on the rise? LATEST UPDATE!!

Cupcake1979

Hoping and praying!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Just had the results of my hcg levels after 48hrs and they are rising which doesn't make any sense...

I had a bleed over the weekend and the A&E dept said it was an early miscarriage - i was 6 weeks at that point.

Bloods were taken on tues:
HCG 114.6
Progesterone 42

Bloods taken today
HCG 183

So they've risen but i had an internal scan on tuesday and was told they could see no sign of a pregnancy in the womb and had assumed it had been passed out - but i've not had a heavy bleed, and not seen the sack as I was told i would by the consultant...

What is going on??? Doctor said it could be a sign of an ectopic but i don't have sharp pain...

Anyone else been in this situation?

x

Hey hun my ectopic was diagnosed by slow rising HCG and a scan. You dont necessarily have to have pain it could be early. Has the doctor recommended anything else? Did they not do a scan of your ovaries?

Your levels are too low to suggest that there would be anything to see in the uterus other than a thicker lining. Usually you don't see anything until after your levels reach 2000.
Good luck and I am sorry you are going through this. :hugs:

Hi hun, sorry your having to go through this. I had the same probem not too long ago. I had one HcG level of 170's and then the next was in the 300's. In my case it was most likely the result of left over tissue. I was earily like you. I had a scan shortly after my high reading and there was nothing on the internal scan (not even on the tubes).
I hope it not ectopic and just a case of tissue still remaining but can't be seen.

Hey ladies,

Just thought I'd do a quick update. As of my blood test on Saturday the number has doubled to just under 400 so i was called to EPU today for an internal scan - again nothing visible - womb empty, ovaries clear and no signs of swelling on/near fallopian tubes.

The doctors seem baffled and I have to go back for another blood test on Tueday. They say if levels have reached 1000 then I will need to have a scan. I have a slight nagging pain in my right hand side...

Anyone had the same type of issues and diagnosed with an ectopic?

Thing is I hate not knowing whats going on - would have been 7wks exactly today and 1 week on from when i started bleeding... Finding it difficult to concentrate on anything else let alone the pressure environment of my job :(

I'm sorry but the first thing that came to my mind was ectopic too. THis sounds identical to what happened to my friend and she was 8 weeks before she finally started getting bad pains and they finally diagnosed.

Until then they were monitoring her bloods because they were going up slowly and nothing was seen in the womb.

I am sorry you are having to go through this uncertainty.

I'm sorry but the first thing that came to my mind was ectopic too. THis sounds identical to what happened to my friend and she was 8 weeks before she finally started getting bad pains and they finally diagnosed.

Until then they were monitoring her bloods because they were going up slowly and nothing was seen in the womb.

Hi Vickieh - thanks for responding! Appreciate any thoughts I can get on the subject! Just have to see where I am with my bloods on Tuesday.

How you doing? Seems you've been through tough times lately :hugs:

It sounds like a poss ectopic to me too im sorry to say...
I was bleeding for a wk lightly with no pain just a little twinge in my left side and in my thigh just like a little cramp though, no pain. I had my scan at 6wks pregnant due to the bleeding and the internal scan showed quite clearly a ectopic. The left tube was so swollen with the pregnancy it was due to rupture so within a hr of the scan i was in theater were they removed the entire tube :-(

In rare cases ectopic can be in a area other than the tubes altho this is the most commom type of ectopic. Before i had the scan i went to a&e and was told by a Dr that it was a "threatened mc" and not ectopic as i would of had swelling in the area and i didnt... what a load of crap. Dnt believe everything they say. Always push for further investigation and trust your instincts. it saved my life. I hope for your sake its not ectopic. Let us know how u get on. My fingers x that it is not that bad a situation xxx

Praying things turn out ok. xx

Latest update

My levels have doubled again to 800 now and have been seen and examined by a Gynae consultant at the hospital, they have suggested that is could actually turn out to be a viable pregnancy - given what the HCG levels are doubling as they should be over a week on from the initial bleed. I've been told that the signs of pregnancy won't show up on vaginal scan until levels are around 1,000 - 1,500 so I have been asked to go back in a weeks time for another scan and blood test.

I've had sharp/dull aching pain on my right hand side - the consultant suggested this was likely to be the corpus luteum rather than an ectopic, given the position of the pain...

But when I got home noticed my discharge had become dark again so when I thought it was clearing after the bleed last week, its gone back to being dark brown again...

So again, still in limbo land and crossing everything levels keep doubling and that levels are high enough to show something on the scan in a weeks time...

Am I the only one that has gone through something like this?

Just seems that most people experiencing an ectopic don't have doubling HCG levels?

X

Don't want to get my hopes up just yet

Hi Vickieh - thanks for responding! Appreciate any thoughts I can get on the subject! Just have to see where I am with my bloods on Tuesday.

How you doing? Seems you've been through tough times lately :hugs:

I'm getting there thanks. Losing Isabella was hard but we are trying to stay positive.

Just read your update - will be keeping everything crossed for you.

Really hope you get some good news next week, fingers crossed xx

Fingers crossed hun. I really hope you prove those doctors wrong :hugs: xx

Just read through and I have my fingers crossed for you x

Fingers (and toes and everything else) crossed for you hun! x x x

Thanks Ladies - you're all so fantastic! I just don't know how I would of coped through all this without you! :flower:

Fingers crossed my levels continue to rise... What i though could be a second mc bleed (maybe not everything had come out), just turned into light spotting but dark brown in colour - just a couple of spots on a liner...

I've convinced myself it will be bad news, as there will be nothing better than being told its good news in this situation... but my hopes are low.

Also if it is an ectopic - that still hasn't been ruled out so I'm not yet out of the woods.

Just all very annoying as I was convinced and so were the doctors on 26th April that this was an early miscarriage and look at where I am now...

This happens to be the biggest rollercoaster of my life but hopefully I get some answers very soon.

Hope you're all being positive and looking forward to your future BFPs!

Sticky baby dust to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"