Hcg only up 100 in 4 days = mc correct?

K

Kellya009

I was 5853 on Sunday at 5pm.

Thursday at noon I was 5962.

That means the baby is no longer growing right?

I'm wondering when I will start bleeding?

No that isn't necessarily true, slow rising HCG can mean different things. Mine actually dropped by 1000 which should have meant MC but here I am at 13 weeks!
Will you be having another draw?

Thanks for replying! I have to call my dr, I suppose she will set me up with another blood test and scan in the next week or two.

Yeah usually if your numbers are slow rising or drop they do another blood draw within a few days and an ultrasound after that. I hope they don't wait a week or two.

i thought by the time you are into the thousands they no longer double so quickily

"A single HCG value doesn’t give enough information about the health or viability of the pregnancy. Within the first 2-4 weeks after fertilization, HCG usually doubles every 48-72 hours. That usually corresponds to HCG levels below 1200 IU. From 1200-6000, the HCG usually takes 72-96 hours to double. Above 6000 IU, the hCG often takes over four days to double. So, the rate of increase in HCG levels normally varies as a pregnancy progresses. Normal HCG values vary up to 20 times between different pregnancies, however, and an HCG that does not double every two to three days does not necessarily indicate a problem with the pregnancy. Some normal pregnancies will have quite low levels of HCG, and result in perfect babies."

I googled :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->