HCG rising, but progesterone plummeting!

jl1978

Reaction score
I don’t know what is going on and I am getting scared… my doctors is telling me to just wait and see what the next set of blood work says. Is this good, bad, not a big deal!? What do you think? Please Help!!!!! We have been trying so long to get the BFP – I just can’t wait and see. I need your help and experience.

BFP using at home pregnancy test 11dpo – 14dpo

Beta done morning of 14dpo (I did not eat breakfast before this test)
HCG = 149
Progesterone = 30

2nd Beta done morning of 17dpo (I DID eat breakfast before this test)
HCG = 454
Progesterone = 15

He says he wants more blood work on 19dpo. He said he wants to check my numbers again. He asked “Are you still using the Crinone” and I answered “Of course!” and he just said “Ok, then let’s check this again. Your HCG is headed in the right direction, but I want to check this again in 2 days”

If everything is fine, why the triple check? Is it really bad that the progesterone dropped so much? Isn’t 15 still in the normal range? And I thought eating could cause progesterone levels to drop, should I have fasted? Am I reading too much into this?

Is this a sign of a pending miscarriage?????

Have any of you had drops in progesterone and the end result was a healthy baby?

Thank you for sharing you experiences with this blood work!!!!

I wouldn't worry about the progesterone. It can fluctuate a lot during early pregnancy. I don't think it's a worry unless your hcg is also not going up as it should, and your definitely is! Also, yes, I've read that eating can cause progestrone to drop by as much as 50%. I haven't had this exact experience bc my OB only takes one progesterone level, but I've had low progesterone with 4 pregnancies so I've done tons of reading on it. Good luck and Congratulations!

jl- My progesterone went from 42 to 28 in 7 days and he put me on a progesterone supplement just as a precaution. I was very happy and now very relieved that he put me on it. It doesn't hurt anything, why not?

It is much less stressful knowing that you are doing all you can to keep your pregnancy. That is only my opinion though. After I was put on the progesterone supplement (promethium 200mg a day pill) my progesterone level went up to 58 and my doctor was very happy about that.

My progesterone with this pregnancy was 12. I freaked out but two days later had risen to 17 and all is going well.

With my son, my progesterone went from 23 to 18 and he's here and healthy.

Anything 15 and above is fine. your levels round great so just wait till tomorrow and see what the next number is. Lots of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->