• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"He doesn't look like you at all!"

Palestrina

Reaction score
I know LO looks more like his dad than me and I'm not bothered by it at all. I mean, I know he's my son because I was present at his birth lol so I'm pretty sure he's mine lol. But sometimes people make such a big to-do about how much he looks like his Dad that it almost hurts my feelings. It just seems a little rude doesn't it? I really don't mind if they say "he looks just like your OH!" and sometimes they throw in a little courteous "he looks a little like you too" but I get very upset when people outright say "he doesn't look anything like you!!"

I ignore successfully most of the time but just had to have a little vent since my friend was going on and on about it yesterday. Jeez I can't wait until she has her own kids and realizes how hurtful that can be.

My lo looks like his dad too and all I hear is "he's his dads double!" Not many people say he looks like me. And to be honest it doesn't bother me. Why should they say he looks like me when clearly he doesn't? Mind you the older he's getting I'm beginning to see a little more me in him.

:growlmad: I get this too. Tho my mum always says he is a perfect mix of both f us and ppl who knew me as a baby can see me in him, it does upset me too like he's a boy there're will be 100./. Like dad x

I get it a lot with Jacob, too. When he was very little most people told me he looked nothing like me. I see nothing wrong with the ''doesn't he look like his Daddy'' comments but to go as far as to say ''well he looks nothing like you'' is a bit odd, in my opinion!

Wow i can't believe people actually say that! My DS looks mostly like his dad, but has distinct features of mine too which I proudly point out to people :haha:

But yeah I get "He looks just like his daddy" a lot.... but maybe I am then pointing out my own features before they get to make the next comment.

If you have a friend going on and on about it; then I reckon they're jealous. Don't pay any attention, their little faces change as they grow and no doubt your features will start tom come through. I bet they already have.

I get this. I normally say "yes everyone says she looks like him, but I don't really see it. I guess because I'm with her all the time I just think she looks like herself."

Besides, she totally has my eyes ;)

I get this a lot. One woman asked "are you sure you're even his mother?!" which was a bit OTT imo- I've got the destroyed body to prove it :haha:. But other than that comment it doesn't annoy me as I can see what they mean tbh!

I have a friend who goes through this all the time. And the worst part is that her ex cheated so they are no longer together and she absolutely despises him. And people are constantly telling her that her son looks just like his dad. TBH both parents have blonde hair and similar features, so I do think her son looks like her as well and I make sure to tell her that. But she does get rather frustrated hearing about her ex all the time and I don't blame her!

I'm sorry people are telling you that your LO looks nothing like you...that would piss me off! :hugs:

When my daughter was a newborn my mil kept going on about how much she takes after OH and attributing different features to different people, all from her family! And she actually said to me, "If you didn't give birth to her no one would think she was yours". Not very nice to say to a recovering, hormonal new mum!

I get this too, the only things of mine callum has is eye colour and the shape of his lips, everything else is my OH. I just brush it off, i'm glad he doesn't look like me :rofl:

I get this a lot with my son but to be honest I join in. I say 'the only thing I gave him are his blue eyes and eczema!' lol. But saying he looks nothing like you is a bit strong!

Wondering who my daughter will take after. I just think DH has stronger genes haha ;)

People always say LO looks like OH, and tbh i cant see it at all. He does however look like a combination of me and OH at his age.

One woman at his toddler group, iv known her a few years , kept going on about how much he doesnt look like me so i just said " dya think? Thats strange OH isnt even his real dad.... hmmmm how odd" and went back to my drink. She knew it wasnt true but she shut up.

This annoys me too, especially when its the same person over and over again. I mean, jeez, I heard you the first time!

i wouldn't let it bother me if I were you. Kids change all the time, your kid might look like you later on and if he doesn't still....it doesn't matter.

My LO looks mostly like my husband but when she was a few months old, she looked 100% like him and nothing like me. Also, she's mixed and used to be a lot darker than she is now. One time in the mall when she was 2 months old, some old lady actually asked me if she was my own baby :/

I always get told how Sophia looks nothing like me but by people who don't know my OH. But he also gets told the same by people who don't know me :shrug: she's also mixed, so not fair and freckly like me but no way near as dark as her dad.

Tbh lo is more like me so my oh gets it quite often. I think it got to got to him a lil as all he heard was god he looks so much like me. One thig we discovered is me and oh looked really similar as babies lo is just more obviously more like me. I spent ages telling him at first he looks like him when he sleeps. (Which he does) and now although he is still a little me he is his fathers son through and through. I don't see any of me in his personality at all. Until he trips up on his own feet..

We seem to get half of people saying LO looks just like me and half saying he's just like DH so i think maybe people just see what they want to see! Must be annoying for you though x

I get this all of the time! It does niggle at me but for the most part I don't think anyone means anything nasty, so I just try to ignore it! But yes, it can be hurtful so I do understand

Hello;)

I was in similar situation, well, not really similar, but in a situation where people say more than they really should.
Couple of years ago I dated a black guy ( I am white) and he has a daughter who was 3 at a time. We had our routine and went food shopping together every Saturday morning.
She called me mommy since she knew me for the last 2 years of her life. And several people told me : your daughter looks just like you!!!!

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. I am blond with blue eyes;) she was black with little afro...although cutest little thing. I just love her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->