• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"He doesn't look like you at all!"

People can be blunt to the point of rudeness!

What if your child was adopted for instance?

I don't get why people feel the need to point out if you don't look like your child!

I always tell people "he looks like his own person" when people me my son looks like his dad.

'Cause I am sure he would want his own unique looks and personality and not a clone of his dad anyhow.

When my daughter was a newborn my mil kept going on about how much she takes after OH and attributing different features to different people, all from her family! And she actually said to me, "If you didn't give birth to her no one would think she was yours". Not very nice to say to a recovering, hormonal new mum!

Now that's just plain old mean!

Not quite the same thing but I find it really hard to see my OHs features in my LO. In fact I cant see any of my oh in LO! I don't say this to oh though.

However, I'm sure he'll grow to look like him as he does look different to how I looked as a toddler. I think its cos LO has my rounded face shape and OH has a very long face so it really makes them look very different.

When my daughter was a newborn my mil kept going on about how much she takes after OH and attributing different features to different people, all from her family! And she actually said to me, "If you didn't give birth to her no one would think she was yours". Not very nice to say to a recovering, hormonal new mum!

Now that's just plain old mean!

It's ok cos I've got the last laugh - my daughter now looks just like me and everyone says so! Even she's had to admit it... grudgingly. Haha.

I know LO looks more like his dad than me and I'm not bothered by it at all. I mean, I know he's my son because I was present at his birth lol so I'm pretty sure he's mine lol. But sometimes people make such a big to-do about how much he looks like his Dad that it almost hurts my feelings. It just seems a little rude doesn't it? I really don't mind if they say "he looks just like your OH!" and sometimes they throw in a little courteous "he looks a little like you too" but I get very upset when people outright say "he doesn't look anything like you!!"

I ignore successfully most of the time but just had to have a little vent since my friend was going on and on about it yesterday. Jeez I can't wait until she has her own kids and realizes how hurtful that can be.

Hahahaha...all three of mine look nothing like me. My husband is dark. I am as white as a ghost. My kids are dark. I have blond hair. My kids have dark brown/black hair. I have hazel green eyes. They have dark brown eyes. When my toddler runs off in the mall....people look for her mother and look right past me. My hubby used to tease me that I look like the 'step mom'.:haha:

Paige is a good mix of both of us, although people say she is my double (I dont see it though!)

Dd2 on the other hand... she is nothing like me at all and absolutely the image of her daddy. I dont mind people saying so, its the truth!

People can't seem to decide who Thomas looks like but right now they seem to think he's more like me.

The 'he's definitely his father's son' annoy me a little. What are they trying to say :haha:

I get this ALL the time with my daughter :dohh:

After my son was born it switched though and all I heard was how much he looks like me. To the point of people asking if my kids have the same father! :roll:

I got told that Thomas looks nothing like me today. I'm glad! He's got his dads lonely golden skin, hazel eyes and dark hair. He's gorgeous.

People always say my daughter looks exactly like me, but it's only because she has my coloring (fair skin, blonde-brown hair, blue eyes). All of her features are her father's - nose, jawline, lips, forehead, eye-shape.
It does annoy me when his family members comment and COMMENT about how much "she looks like me" because it starts to sound like "are you sure she's his?"
Which is ridiculous but I am not-so-secretly hoping that our son has his father's coloring.

I get this, Ava is her dad's double and people are always commenting on it.

She also looks identical to SIL (eye shape, nose, mouth, face shape) :rolleyes: So when we are out people think she's the mum :lol: Damn them and their ridiculously strong genes :haha:

Ava and SIL..
424650_589120947794890_2060829119_n.jpg

The nurses thought my aunt was my mom over my own mom (they are sisters so it not like I take my dad's side). I do look a lot like her than my mom.

I get this about Eamon. I just agree with them, since it looks like I had jack crap to do with him :lol:

I get this, Ava is her dad's double and people are always commenting on it.

She also looks identical to SIL (eye shape, nose, mouth, face shape) :rolleyes: So when we are out people think she's the mum :lol: Damn them and their ridiculously strong genes :haha:

Ava and SIL..
424650_589120947794890_2060829119_n.jpg

This happens with my nephew. He's my brother's kid yet when my SiL is out with him and the rest of us, people will go up to my younger sister and start asking her about him as if she were the mother. And really, my nephew is such a mixture of my brother and sister it is really uncanny. I do see a bit of my SiL in there but you have to look for it as he doesn't have any of her hair, eye or skin colour.

With my DS, he really is a blend of us both. We like to say he has DH's features but he contorts them into my facial expressions. He also has my colouring. His baby photos look A LOT like mine but in person he resembles my DH--especially in profile.

I do hear differing opinions. I've had people say he looks nothing like DH and others say he looks nothing like me. It does annoy me to hear others say he looks nothing like me especially as he has my hair colour and eye colour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->