He keeps pushing everyone! help!

eddjanuary10

Reaction score
I know how he got this idea into his head, it was his auntie who played a little game with him where she would let Ihsan push her and she would fall to the floor. Ihsan found this hilarious (at 6months old+) but I had to ask her not to play that game anymore a few weeks back as he is older now and I don't want him to think that pushing is ok. Well, he must have missed the game and just started pushing everyone looking for a reaction! He pushes his little cousin alot (she is 5months younger) and sometimes when she is crawling so she falls face first into the floor :blush: and his big cousins too, even adults including me sometimes!

Well today we were at soft play and there were a few older kids in the toddler section (4/5 year olds) and Ihsan went up and pushed one of them and he fell on the floor! I couldn't believe it he was quite a big boy and about 4 times Ihsan's size! The boy got major angry and pushed Ihsan really hard then went to kick his head (after he had fallen) :growlmad: I was raging but of course he was shouting 'he pushed me first' etc. and where was his mum I don't know! I told a staff member to then tell the big kids to go play in their own section. Anyway I just don't know how to get Ihsan to stop pushing as I don't want something like this to happen again! I have tried everything I can think of. He is not doing it nastily, he just thinks its a game.

Any ideas? :flower:

God youve made yourself a situation and a half there havent you.

WE did something similar with licking. Things like 'go lick daddy' then 'aaaaaargh' kinda thing. Whic was all very funny tll she started licking other toddlers lol

What we said to her is some games are to play with mummy and daddy. HOwever obviously is wasnt pushing which is a big no no amongst children. On the odd occasion my lo was licking people they just thought she was odd lol

Id try to go with its not nice to push youve upset that boy/girl and made then sad. Or you only play that game with aunty whoever

Yeah I'm annoyed at myself for not saying something to his aunty sooner but I guess I assumed he wouldn't end up pushing everyone around as he hardly see's her so never 'played the game' that often. I hinted a couple of times but was too akward to come right out with it (its dh's aunt actually!). I just had to say it in the end though. I will just keep telling him its not nice and hopefully he will stop it soon.

Thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->