Head lice Prevention?

IgnitionPG

Reaction score
I wonder if someone has used Vosene kids to prevent getting head lice in school, and does it work at all? anyone had any experience with it?? :coffee: There is no any medical proof but i heard mums say it helps?

My girls have managed to avoid headlice so far (fingers crossed it stays that way)
My eldest daughter is nearly 6 and a half and not once had them although i am beggining to think there might be something wrong with her hair as even headlice refuse to live in it :haha:

anyway i havent heard of the shampoo but some of the parents i know swear by a tea tree oil spray for hair which you can buy in chemists x

I've tried every head lice prevention going, but my daughter still comes home from school every single day with at least one giant live bug! I just make sure I comb her hair as soon as she gets home every night before they have the chance to lay eggs and become a problem!
Some parents just dont worry about checking their kids hair so they're being passed on constantly :(

I wonder if someone has used Vosene kids to prevent getting head lice in school, and does it work at all? anyone had any experience with it?? :coffee: There is no any medical proof but i heard mums say it helps?

i got this and it stinks :sick: dnt use it now :lol@

I've tried every head lice prevention going, but my daughter still comes home from school every single day with at least one giant live bug! I just make sure I comb her hair as soon as she gets home every night before they have the chance to lay eggs and become a problem!
Some parents just dont worry about checking their kids hair so they're being passed on constantly :(

I also check AS SOON as we get home, its a nightmere.

Another point.. pretty much all the 'prevention' things available leave their hair looking REALLY greasy! I once had social services turn up on my doorstep because they'd had a report that my daughter always had greasy hair and that this meant I didn't bathe her!!! :haha:

I'm assuming it must have been one of the other parents at school! The social worker and I had a good chuckle about some of the things people get reported for over a coffee tho! :lol:

My mum used to use normal vosene on me and my sisters, the 4 of us had waist length hair and we only ever got nits once - plus we used to wear our hair up and down for school so we never had all our hair tucked away. xxx

My mum used to use normal vosene on me and my sisters, the 4 of us had waist length hair and we only ever got nits once - plus we used to wear our hair up and down for school so we never had all our hair tucked away. xxx

I'm unsure how old you are, or what the rules were in your area.. but i'm 28, and back 'in my day' if you had nits, you weren't allowed to go to any of the schools around here until they had gone, so you just didn't get them passed around like you do these days! Me and my sister also only had them once, with hair down to our bum!

I have also heard of the Tea Tree Shampoo as a preventative.

I'm unsure how old you are, or what the rules were in your area.. but i'm 28, and back 'in my day' if you had nits, you weren't allowed to go to any of the schools around here until they had gone, so you just didn't get them passed around like you do these days! Me and my sister also only had them once, with hair down to our bum!

I'm 31. I don't think people were suppose to come in with the nits but i remember the nit nurse coming in to check kids hair. I think they should probably still have the nit nurse. I'm lucky with a boy as I just keep his hair on a number one now so I don't worry about him bringing any little friends home, I just have to look at his head when he gets out of school whereas my mum used to check all our hair, which seemed to take forever when you have to sit still as a kid! lol. xxx

It is very annoying with girls!! lol. Our school does still have the nit nurse, but only for parents to go in and talk to if they want, they're not allowed to check kids hair anymore, which I think is stupid! The few parents who dont check their kids might worry about it more if they knew the nurse was gunna be looking!!
Tho saying that, the couple of kids at our school who spread them round dont need a nit nurse to check, you can clearly see loads of live lice just crawling all over thier head as they walk past you, must be so horrible for the kids :( but unfortunately, the teachers aren't even allowed to single out parents and mention it to them, all they're allowed to do is send home letters to everyone saying that head lice are back, please check your child!

We get the "please check your childs hair" letters too. I feel for the kids who get sent in like that, I think most schools have some children who's parents don't check and choose to ignore what other people can clearly see. That isnt fair on parents like yourself who do take the time to check their childs hair. xxx

i have friends who's children alway have headlice! they are unaware of how to treat their children's hair properly! its awareness that is needed in schools! i was 24 when i caught headlice from my friends kids for the first time ever (and totally devastated!) i remember my son crying as i had spiders in my hair and he didn't :S

my mam always used to tie our hairs back or plait them. tea tree is supposed to help too xxx

I definitely recommend tea tree oil. I add a few drops to my DD's hair after a shower every day and brush it through (then comb with a nitty gritty comb every few days) and every morning I spray her hair with detangling spray which I've put a generous amount of tea tree oil into. She doesn't smell like tea tree (or I can't smell it anyway!) and it keeps the little blighters at bay!

I start itching every time I click this thread :haha:

I add tea tree oil to her shampoo and conditioner, and I haven't had a problem.

My head is so itchy after reading this thread LOL.

I just keep my oldests hair up and tell her to keep her head away from ppl and dont share hats and the like. If she gets them i quickly treat with Full Marks and they are gone :) School age kids its inevitable to get them atleast once

Thanks for the tea tree advice! My son's class just started an outbreak so I'm hoping this can maybe help keep them away from DS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->