Head or heart?

S

Serene123

Which do you follow?

It's hard isn't it, when you're torn between what's right and what you want...

heart. unless your head is not just sensible but essential to listen to.

at the moment, my head :dohh:to elaborate a bit - i'm quite a perfectionist, and atm, with regards to ttc, we're not in the position to have another baby with our wedding coming up, so i have my sensible hat on :dohh: it's quite annoying acually :lol:

Depends on the situation for me, I think. I often find that I have a struggle between them and the most appropriate one at the precise moment of decision wins, even if it turns out to be the worse decision with hindsight, or I come to a compromise between the 2! For example, I changed the date that we are getting married twice before finalising for April 7th 2010. If I'd gone with my original plan I'd be married by now, my 2nd choice I'd be getting married next month but, for various reasons, neither of these were possible. I was very definite though that I wouldn't wait any longer than was absolutely necessary and definitely no later than May 1st 2010 and I realise now, with 6 months left to go, that this will probably turn out to be for the best, even though it was heartbreaking when I had to make the decision! That said, so long as I have at least some semblance of a job by then, I'm not putting off ttc! I'm starting ntnp from pretty much my wedding night, and possibly even the job thing will have to be reconsidered nearer the time!!!!

So, yeah, it depends on the situation. I don't really go with one or the other.

Beca :wave:

It depends on the situation, but I guess I would have to go with head most of the time. I'm a scientist and the rational side of my brain is always in full gear.....but when it comes to DH, family, and my dog I'm all heart. :kiss:

really depends on the situation! I always say follow your heart but sometimes you have to be practical and listen to your head. xxx

always my heart. My head tends to lag behind a bit, it catches up eventually (a bit like DH really)

I think I'm going to go with my head this time. Not like me, but sometimes things have to be done x

As long as the head listens to and considers your heart - that's probably quite wise. :hugs:

Head, always. I'm a practical person and the heart always seems to want what it can't have with me.

My head. If i ever get silly and want to go with my heart OH brings me back to relaity

Usually torn between the two. In the past I've been known to follow my heart instead of my head but I have to admit my head is very sensible - I just have a hard time following what it says.

Head says "You don't need to have a 3rd child anytime soon, didn't I tell you in the first place to finish your education BEFORE you had kids?!"

Heart says: "Shut up head - she wouldn't trade her life with her boys for anything, not even some stinkin' degree."

LOL! Right now my heart is saying "You really want another baby, come on! Start trying soon!"
Head is saying "Shut up, heart - she has things she needs to get done before TTC!"

It's back and forth between those two - they fight like cats and dogs. HAHA!

Heart wins everytime! I find if I follow my head instead of my heart, I never feel truly happy if you get what I mean?

Head most of the time. But my head will listen to what my heart thinks and will usually come up with a compromise.

Interesting topic...
Head, mainly...I'm too sensible for myself! But I follow my heart too, but toned down a bit - I guess I do my best to compromise...
xxx

Head. I wish I could say I followed my heart but I can't. I'm too cautious, too worried about the outcomes. I deny myself the things I want to do because I'm too scared about what might happen and as a result I usually end up very unhappy. Then again, if I followed my heart right now I'd be sat here, with about 20 babies, no money, no friends, no education. The sad thing is, I'd probably still be happy, as long as I had my own family...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->