Headaches

aymz1983

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced headaches that are worse than usual? Twice now (once two weeks ago and again yesterday) I have had headaches worse than ever.
I can feel them coming on and usually paracetamol sorts them out. But on these two occasions, even with paracetamol they just get more painful to the point I want to cry, and both times they've lasted around 24 hours.
I knew headaches could be more common but I wasn't expecting them to be like this! Are headaches like this normal or do I need to get it seen to?! Thanks

Hi hon3
Pregnancy hormones can cause headaches and I've had alot in this pregnancy but I do suffer with migraines when I'm not pregnant too.

Sounds like u had a migraine hon. Did u feel sick with it too?

Sometimes headaches can be a sign of being anemic or pre eclampsia.
Mite be worth mentioning them to ure midwife or health care person.

It probably is down to those hormones tho.
My headaches became more persistent from around 15ish weeks.

Hi hon3
Pregnancy hormones can cause headaches and I've had alot in this pregnancy but I do suffer with migraines when I'm not pregnant too.

Sounds like u had a migraine hon. Did u feel sick with it too?

Sometimes headaches can be a sign of being anemic or pre eclampsia.
Mite be worth mentioning them to ure midwife or health care person.

It probably is down to those hormones tho.
My headaches became more persistent from around 15ish weeks.
I'm seeing the midwife this morning so definitely going to mention it. I don't feel sick with them they're just so so painful! So could be on migraine level but I don't think I can cope with another like that lol

Sounds like it could be a migraine. I hope you can get some answers and help from your midwife :hugs:

I’ve had a few days of headaches here too which is really abnormal for me. Pretty annoying. Not as bad as you have them but I don’t usually get them at all and never in any of my previous pregnancies!!

I spoke to midwife Friday and she wasn't overly helpful, saying there is nothing she could do. I then spoke to the doctor who said to keep taking paracetamol if needed but if it gets severely painful then they would consider a brief round of codeine.
I've literally had a headache every day for the last week, twice it's been 24hrs plus. I've had one today but it's eased off a bit, I ended up buying some cooling forehead strips and laying down and that seems to have helped. I don't want to keep taking paracetamol as too often can cause headaches! Can't win lol.
Thought second tri was the good bit :D thanks everyone though :)

Sorry she wasn't helpful and the headaches are continuing :(

Man that sucks she wasn't helpful.
I take codeine. It's the only thing I'm aloud because I've had a liver transplant.
I can have paracetamol but only like 2 to 4 in 24 hours which just doesn't help at all.
Paracetamol is harsh on the liver so they don't like me having too much.
Codeine is more friendly to the liver and I'm also aloud morphine but obviously that seriously strong and only ever had it in hospital.
So I'm prescribed codeine on a weekly basis.

I still have to take it now even tho I'm pregnant and my consultant and midwife know about it.

But I get bad headaches and I get alot of bad joint pain because of the anti rejection medication I have to take for my liver transplant.

Pluss I have SPD and PVG so theres now way I can be without.

I need to cut them down esp now I'm in 3rd trimester.
But it's so difficult when ure in pain.
But I am gonna try and cut them down as much as I can from 30 weeks.
I have to stay in hospital for 5 to 6 days after the birth becuase of my liver medication and they like to keep an eye on baby because they can get slight withdrawal but I have to take those meds to live.
But I feel so guilty about the codiene too.
I managed to cut down to 4 to 6 tabs every other day with ds and he didn't have any effect so I want to try that again.
At the moment I'm still on 8 every other other day.

They always used to prescribe codeine or Cocodimal to pregnant womon.
I was on maximum dosage with my first dd because I had a overion cyst.

But now they don't really like pregnant womon having it. But they do still prescribe it if needed.

I'm sure ure be fine having some hon and they will definitely help with them headaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->