Headlice!!!

aurora32

Mum to my Angels
Reaction score
Why is it us parents that give a damn and check our kids routinely for headlice are always the ones that pay the flippin price for those dirty uncaring ones that let their kids walk around heaving with bugs, i check my daughters head every week without fail as there are some of those non so clean types, (sorry if i sound a snob but its true) that go to my daughters school and last night whilst drying her hair i was horrified to find headlice and of course it was sunday night so had to wait til this morning to do anything about it, phoned the school she wouldnt be in til id treated her and thet they had better inform parents of the rest of her class. Its the same thing over again you treat your kids which isnt cheap either, free them of the pests only to find a few weeks down the line you have to go through the whole saga again due to these parents that dont give a damn and or are ignorant.Anyone else feel the same?

Anyways sorry for the rant :grr: just needed to get that off my chest.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Me my daughter gets them all time i feel so sorry for her and so pissed at the mums who dont care

I know what you mean my daughter was so patient whae i dod her hair today for the umpteanth time she has long hair and sat so patiently as i combed and better combed her hair, i tell you if it doesnt stop im gonna be going up to the damn school and plying hell, for the good it will do me.

holly gets them every couple of months :growlmad: cos some girl in her class has always got them but ud think her mum would do something as she is an hairdresser :wacko:

the chemist told me that the treatment doesnt kill the eggs so he suggested that as soon as i find any treat the hair with lotion and then put conditoner on every night and comb thro and repeat this for a week :thumbup:

it does work hun :hugs:

I used to have such a hard time with Emily at first school
I found this an absoute godsend https://www.nittygritty.co.uk/site/home.asp
The comb grabs everything so is not as much as a pain in the arse as normal
The full kit is not cheap but I found it worked out cheaper in the long run than the lotions and potions, you can just use the comb with conditioner as well.

My kids got them for the first time a few months back i felt so dirty i dunno why but i really did .... im always checking there hair now lol

I used to have such a hard time with Emily at first school
I found this an absoute godsend https://www.nittygritty.co.uk/site/home.asp
The comb grabs everything so is not as much as a pain in the arse as normal
The full kit is not cheap but I found it worked out cheaper in the long run than the lotions and potions, you can just use the comb with conditioner as well.

i use this comb its great x

hey ladies,
when i was in school they checked us for lice
and if you had it you were not allowed back until
you were rechecked and were clear. do they not
do that at your schools?

No we haven't had "nit nurses" for years in th UK, something to do with child protection :roll: and not singleing children out
absolute madness if you ask me

Rosie came home with them just before the holidays and she's 14 i make her nit comb with conditioner every night also used lyclear, just have to comb sall the time and break the cycle, as soon as they grow they get trapped in the hair comb before they get chance to lay eggs,
i used to plait rosies hair everyday and the teachers would drill it into the children not to out their heads together.

we used to have the nit nurse come to my school when i was a kid and anyone with nits got a letter home and then checked the following week it stopped them spreading,
but this dont happen anymore, so no-ones monitoring it

the nitty gritty comb is brill n its worth asking your doctor or health visitor as u can get it on prescription for the child so its free thats what we did it also removes eggs im always doing my little ones hair if anyone at school has them she gets em it drives me mad as u say obviously some parents dont bother n it a vicious circle

Just from a teacher's point of view... it drives us mad too that the same kids come in with them constantly, but honestly, we're not allowed to do anything about it! We send the kid home if we spot them, send a letter out to the parents... and that's all we can do.

We obviously encourage the kids not to touch heads, those with long hair to tie it back etc., but they're kids, and they play together, there's not much else we can do!!

I get them about once a year (long hair!)... and just get my OH to brush through EVERY night for just over two weeks to make sure I've broken the cycle, he goes on a nit hunt, no need for chemicals, combs etc., we just put the hours in and I remember to not bend down so low to help that child next time!

One question? Do you gals have a real hot straight iron? Try it out and burn those eggs off.

My daughter had waist length hair and caught it once. I used the treatments, tea tree oil, spent hours on her hair every night and they still didn't go away after 3 weeks. I used a straight iron on it and they were gone.

One question? Do you gals have a real hot straight iron? Try it out and burn those eggs off.

My daughter had waist length hair and caught it once. I used the treatments, tea tree oil, spent hours on her hair every night and they still didn't go away after 3 weeks. I used a straight iron on it and they were gone.

Ohhh thanks leanne, my daughter has long hair and ive got straightners so will try that out as ive treated with meadicated stuff but if others are not treating their kids im fighting a loosing battle.......:)

I hated them when I was a kid really , I only got them 3 times or so though.

It pisses me off aswell... i put my daughters her hair up everyday and comb it thru with a net comb every night.. when she comes out of school. her hair is always down when i have told the teacher if it comes out to put it back up seeing as she has long hair as it is. the school obviously dont give a rats arse

she hates me combing it for so long and always ends up crying

Then at the end of the week she comes back with a load more, and the stuff you treat it with isnt cheap either

what makes me laugh is the school sent a letter saying we hope to make this a net free year!! YEH RIGHT...

for people in the UK stop paying for nit treatments, get to your doctors and ask for a Pharmacy First book :thumbup: then when they get nits you can go to a pharmacy hand over your book and ask for nit stuff, you can also get pain killers, hay fever tablets ect, anyone who gets free perscriptions (sp?) can get a book

for people in the UK stop paying for nit treatments, get to your doctors and ask for a Pharmacy First book :thumbup: then when they get nits you can go to a pharmacy hand over your book and ask for nit stuff, you can also get pain killers, hay fever tablets ect, anyone who gets free perscriptions (sp?) can get a book

Is that the same as the minor ailment scheme

What is an MAS?

A minor ailments scheme allows patients who are exempt from paying prescription charges to receive certain over the counter medicines without charge from pharmacies.

These patients may otherwise choose to visit their GP to obtain the treatment on prescription.

Is that the same as the minor ailment scheme

What is an MAS?

A minor ailments scheme allows patients who are exempt from paying prescription charges to receive certain over the counter medicines without charge from pharmacies.

These patients may otherwise choose to visit their GP to obtain the treatment on prescription.

iver never heard of that but yeah it seems the same, it was brought out to stop people going to the doctors just for painkillers or nit lotions

Pharmacy First - Minor Ailments Scheme

It has been estimated that in the UK up to 150 million GP consultations per year are for conditions that may be self treatable. This means that on average up to 16 appointments per GP/Nurse per day could potentially be saved by introducing a Community Pharmacy Minor Ailment scheme!

So, if you feel you are suffering from any of these:

Athletes Foot Head Lice
Common Cold Heartburn
Conjunctivitis Indigestion
Constipation Sore Throat
Cough Threadworm
Diarrhoea Tummy Upset
Earache Vaginal Thrush
Hay Fever Warts
Headache Verrucas

It pisses me off aswell... i put my daughters her hair up everyday and comb it thru with a net comb every night.. when she comes out of school. her hair is always down when i have told the teacher if it comes out to put it back up seeing as she has long hair as it is. the school obviously dont give a rats arse

what makes me laugh is the school sent a letter saying we hope to make this a net free year!! YEH RIGHT...

I'd get the sack if I did put your daughter's hair up for her to be honest! Firstly, it could be called abuse, and secondly, the Head would want to know who was teaching the other 32 kids while I was 'playing hairdressers'!! I know it's more common with the younger kids though (I teach juniors mainly) where the Reception teachers in particular have to help some of the kids get changed for PE etc. still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->