Health insurance guru needed

amyamyamy

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

I need help with health insurance... which plan to choose and any advice you can give me on your experiences with health insurance and pregnancy. I'm in the states and have a choice between a consumer driven health plan (supposedly same provider network) with a health savings account and employer only matches up to $400 annually OR the traditional PPO.

Long story short my husband and I have to enroll in my company's plans and I'm REALLY hesitant to do the CDHP. I've always had PPOs and yes the monthly premium is over 200 dollars more but the CDHP is high deductible. Actually the PPO is pretty high too, but I'm much more comfortable with a PPO. I'm scared the CDHP will wind up costing us so much more when you factor in pregnancy related costs.

Anyone have any advice?

My husband and I have a PPO. I was happy to have it for my pregnancy as it went south the past couple months and ended with my baby in the NICU for a week. We wound up paying only $200 out of pocket, if we hadn't we would have paid a ton more. That's just my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->