Healthy snack ideas

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
When it comes to eating I'm more of a grazer than a big meal kind of girl. My problem with food is that when I want it I want it now, which tends to lead to me eating a lot of unhealthy things. Crisps, chocolate bars, sweets you get the idea.

I'm starting to get a bit of a tummy which I'm a bit self conscious of so I've joined a gym, got a personal trainer but let's be honest if I don't change my eating habits I'm not going to get anywhere. So, I need some ideas for healthy snacks that are effortless.

Any suggestions?

It depends why you are snacking really.

Are you eating enough protein? If you graze, I'm guessing possibly not.

I'm now eating more than ever, I'm slightly overweight but I have been slowly losing weight by eating more often but eating the correct things.

For example, I have porridge oats mixed with high protein yoghurt and strawberries for breakfast, at break time (I'm a teacher) I have something egg based but carb free (so maybe some veggie packed omelette which I eat cold, or just sliced boiled egg with spinach and tomato and a squirt of low fat mayo) and then I eat carbs at lunch, along with vegetables. Right now it is usually soup (I don't take bread but there is usually potato in it) or tomorrow I'm having leftover veggie packed pasta.

Other ideas:
-fat free yoghurts
-carrot sticks
-humus and breadsticks
-boiled egg
-pre packaged fruit
-low fat cereal bars (alpen light do really fill me up)
-nuts
-cold meat
-olives
-Philadelphia light with Ryvita and tomato
-pasta that you can eat cold, like maybe tuna pasta?

Boiled eggs (really easy, you can do a load of them and then pop them in the fridge in the shell and they'll keep for several days)

Tuna with some lemon and pepper, I often mix in some salady veg like celery or cucumber, but if you don't want to be chopping anything, just tuna with some sort of seasoning is fast.

Celery, carrot sticks or cucumber and hummus or peanut butter (good kind, not like sugary salty bad for you kind). I often take celery sticks and hummus to work with me. I chop up celery into bags for several days worth of portions, then buy store bought fresh hummus and it's easy. I just grab it out of the fridge in the morning and go. If you are really feeling lazy you can buy pre-chopped celery and carrot sticks, but it's expensive. One pot of hummus will last me two days of snacks at work.

Raw, unsalted nuts and dried fruit (not sweetened) - I keep a bag of unsweetened apricots or prunes and then a bag of raw cashews in my desk drawer for whenever I get hungry.

Cottage cheese - I eat breakfast on the train on the way to work a few mornings a week when I go into the office and one of my easiest breakfasts is cottage cheese with fruit. Any kind of fruit will do, but the easiest to do is grapes or blueberries as they don't need chopping. I just pour them in the night before on top of the cottage cheese and keep in the fridge and then just grab the pot and go in the morning.

I like things like boiled eggs, raw carrots or celery dipped in hummus, nuts such as almonds or walnuts, half an avocado, banana or cottage cheese :)

I'm a snacker, too. Big meals never excite me I just graze throughout the day!

I LOVE carrot chips in place of potato chips/crisps. They're just fresh carrots cut up in tiny slices - I eat them with hummus or homemade guacamole. So healthy and really fills you up!

I also like to make parsnip and carrot fries! It takes some prep but overall is so easy!! You just clean and cut parsnips and full size carrots into long strips, toss lightly in olive oil, a sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt pepper/garlic if you like. Bake for 15 minutes at about 440 degrees or until browned. If they aren't super crispy then broil for a quick second. . They're not French fries but seriously or delicious and addictive - and healthy!!!

Another of my favorites - popcorn!!! I like air popped or homemade! You can even do flavors - organic/low salt whatever you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->