Hearing heartbeat with Doppler?

branham22

Reaction score
I am finally getting my fetal Doppler tomorrow and I plan on trying to use it right away! I am both nervous and excited. Tomorrow I will be 10w2d. Will I be able to hear the baby's heartbeat then? Or is it still too early? I just don't wanna freak myself out. Any other women have experience with this?

I know it can definitely be heard at 10w, but don't panic if you can't either.

With my first I think I found it at about 9 weeks or so and that was after A LOT of poking around. With my second it was about 8 weeks that I caught it. I had gotten REALLY good at finding heartbeats with my doppler though. You should be able to find it but don't worry if you can't. The angle baby is at can make all the difference. I had days where I couldn't find the little bugger no matter what and then the next day, bam! loud as a freight train. Also, go lower than you think you have to. I found my first way way waaaaay down low. Much lower than I had been looking.

Well I tested out my doppler this morning and heard the heartbeat! It was the most beautiful sound! Faint but there!

You should be able to but it's tricky finding it for the first time. Once you know where to look it's a lot easier! I first picked up this one at 8 1/2 weeks and have found it every day since x

Oh, just read your update!! Congrats!!

I just found my baby's heartbeat today on my Doppler at 8w3d! I have been trying every day since 7w6d and finally got it today at 163 bpm. It is the most comforting sound isn't it? So happy for you that you found it <3

Congrats to you as well sil!!!

Aww thats great you picked it up. I found my babies this week and wasn't expecting to. Its such an amazing sound isn't it. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->