Heart burn is killing me!

x-amy-x

Mammy
Reaction score
Ive heard of 3rd tri heart burn but not 1st tri!!! I've been getting this for a few weeks now.

I dont likeee

Any advice, milk helps but its fattening!

ive had it since having amber, since ive got pregnant, its got worse, had 6 weeks now :(
i read somewhere on here, cheese is meant to help?
i did go to the docs with it, with the first but the stuff was horrible!
i just slip ice cold milk

Im in 3rd tri. Im 34 weeks. Had heartburn since the very beginning. Gaviscon helps. Ask your MW to prescribe it.

Tums worked for me hun. Theyre pretty vile but nowhere near as bad as gaviscon.

xxx

i've had this as well isn't it vile?! not so bad at the moment it was worse up until about a week ago. not really sure what to suggest though as i haven't really tried anything except whingeing about it :) i found that sipping cold drinks, or cooled boiled water, helps a bit?

I ate Rennies like they were going out of fashion! Hope it eases soon :hugs:

I had it with my first pregnancy and it was all the way thru till she was born. Bloomin awful I gotta tell ya, I hated it! I was drinking pints and pints of milk every day just to get rid of it. I found the only way I could sleep was sitting up so my head was higher than my stomach otherwise the acid reflux was just bleurgh!

i found the rennies soft chews really helped amy, hope it gets better soon :hugs: xx

Ive just had a glass of milk but i find it doesnt stop it for long :(

I get awful heartburn too, its not nice!! I went to the doctor in the end and they prescribed me with Omeprazole, it stops the stomach producing acid and works really well if I take it just as I am getting up. It does tend to wear off in the early evening so I have gaviscon advance for then. It has made such a difference to me, I would definitely recommend going to your dr for some help, there's no point suffering and its safe to take during pregnancy!

I didnt find anything to help ease it to be honest and I do get it normally but it got so much worse this pregnancy! Hope this helps x

calcachews! calcium tablets. you have to be given them by a doctor and they have different names but nothing has ever got rid of mine and my friends heartburn better then my calcium tablets.!!
xx

I had really bad heartburn and it seems that after awhile Tums, milk or anything supposed to help stops working after awhile. I started getting a craving for apples and noticed one day that after I ate an apple the hearburn stopped. It seems to do the trick for me...hope you get some relief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->