Heartbeat On Doppler Still Low

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
The HB sometimes seems a little higher than I got it on the first couple of weeks I'd say not having to press in so hard & slightly above pelvic bone but it still seems to be around the pelvic bone sometimes still having to point it towards the bone too ... hope that makes sense! Is that normal?

Yes!

I don't think I started getting the H/B around my belly button until after 20 weeks.

See I was gonna PM you but as I seen you floating about knew you would see it :blush:

Thanks I feel better now lol x

im picking up mine about an inch below by belly button on the right hand side

x

Ok back to panicing then lol

i dont think you have anything to worry about, this is your first remember and mine messured twice the size of yours at our scans, every pregnancy is diffrent so you shouldnt compare really coz you will end up worrying, like now lol

x

Nah I dont think you have anything to worry about either. Its the same with ultrasound scans. Even at 15 weeks they were pressing right down in my pelvis region to find the baby. I think it probably all depends on how your little one is laying.
My MW said to me at my last appointment "Ok, found it perfectly on that side, now lets check the other to make sure theres not two in there", and funnily enough, it was beating on the other side aswell, it was very strange.
So again, I think the low/high all depends on how the baby is laying at that point in time.
I have the monitor that straps to your tummy, and even now I have to put it fairly low to find Nick Nacks HB and I can feel him kicking around in my ribs now-so I'd put it down to babies position, So I wouldnt worry! x

Its prob my paranoia kicking in again, but i feel like i need to prove im getting the heartbeat up near my belly button after teh replies in this thread.
Please excuse my belly, i hate it with a passion and didnt really want to be showing it on here, its very flabby :(
The other little thuds you can hear on this is teh baby kicking/moving, altho i cant feel them yet, he/she seems very active!
Anyway, here is the video i took just now of it.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/laylarampton/th_heartbeat.jpg

x

layla thts fab :D i love hearing bubbas hb!

Nah ya didn't need to prove anything!! lol It concerned me that I wasn't getting it so high ... but this isn't your first like you said layla & this is mine ... plus louises first.

Tbh if anything concerns me more that I get it pretty lower than that!!

Char I really wouldn't worry at all - You are getting a Heartbeat and thats all that matters. I seem to remember Ky's H/B seeed low until the late stages of pregnancy, proberbly about 28 weeks but I was tiny with him and he liked the bottom of the gestational sac. Babies very often have a preferred position and yours will be no different - Proberbly chillin at the bottom, like its in a hammock lol!
-This is your first baby, so you won't have a pregnancy like Layla's, even though your at the same gestation.

-Don't worry unless you can't locate the HB at all!

Couldn't find HB too easy on doppler this morning ... so I went higher. I think its moved up a bit :baby: Will check again in a couple of hours though hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->