Heartbeat on sonoline B

OscarsFurMama

Reaction score
My sonoline B doppler came in the mail today. I tried it immediately and clearly heard the whooshing of the placenta and my heartbeat. Searched around for about 10 minutes before giving up. I was much more discouraged than I thought I'd be. So I waited about an hour until my bladder was full and tried again and as soon as I put the wand down I heard what I think was my little bub. I'm about 90% sure that it was the heartbeat but since I'm so new at using it I'm not 100% sure. One thing that makes me think it was definitely baby was that it kept disappearing. I wouldn't think my heartbeat or the placenta would move, right? The numbers first started out at around 130 and slowly started climbing. The highest it registered at was 142 before baby moved. Do you guys think it was the heartbeat?

my numbers always were (and still are) way off on the sonoline b screen. but- I was amazed that I found the hb around 9 weeks (plus a few days). it took a ton of searching early on (i think the first day i had it and might have used it a combined hour, and didn't find the hb. the next day i found it in 30 min. it got easier and easier, and now it's basically as soon as I put down the probe- this despite having an anterior placenta!) it was always lower than I thought it would be...

as far as knowing what the hb sounds like, look at some of the youtube videos. best comparison I heard was galloping horse. i also knew that there was no reason i'd have a hb of 160+ (timed on my cell phone), so figured it had to be baby!

good luck!

That sounds like baby. The first day I got my sonoline b, it took ages and I got super frustrated. Watching YouTube videos of women finding the heartbeat immediately just made it worse, I eventually heard the galloping horse but the numbers on the screen were a lot lower than I thought they should be and were falling. So not encouraging! Second day i tried it I did it straight after a big meal and laid out with a pillow under my hips and found it immediately at my lower right side. And this time i knew it was baby as the display read 150-160. Persevere and you will get there x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->