Heartbroken

Shanlee16

Reaction score
Today I got the worst call of my entire life. The one I never had prepared myself, the one no person should ever get. My husband passed away this morning and I am devastated. I am in shambles. I do not know what to do, or how to go on. I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and I don't know how I'm supposed to be excited for my pregnancy anymore when I am going to have to go thru it alone.

I can't believe I'm even writing this. I can't believe this is happening.

I can't even pretend that I could come close to understanding the shock and devastation you will have to go through, I just want to say I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart. Please take care of yourself and baby and accept every bit of help and support you can.
I'm so sorry again xxxxxxxxxx

I'm so sorry, so so sorry. Lean on everyone around you. I pray that your baby provides some kind of pinprick of light in the darkness.

I am so sorry for your loss, there are no words that will ease your pain but lean on those around you and reach out for any help you need.

Omg! I'm so sorry to hear this! What happened, if you don't mind my asking.

Surround yourself with family, and lean on them for help. I'm so sorry. No one, especially when pregnant, should have to experience such a tragedy. :hugs:

I am so sorry. I unexpected lost my dad last year, but I'm sure that pales in comparison to losing a spouse. Just take it one day at a time. Reach out to anyone and everyone, if you feel you need to. Feel your feelings and do whatever you need to do to keep on going. But also speak with your doctor about the effects grieving could have on your body. Your baby still needs you to be healthy enough to support it. And you have all of us here if you need to vent.

I'm so sorry for your devastating loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you xx

I'm so, so, so sorry. I cannot even imagine what you are feeling right now. Please take care of yourself and surround yourself with support.

I don't even know what to say, I'm sorry just doesn't seem like enough. I'll be thinking of you and your family. Love and light.

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm facing single parenthood but because my ex decided right before my positive test he didn't want to be a dad, so it's not the same. My suggestion is like pps have said to lean on family. They will be your support and your baby's suppprt. I also suggest reaching out to a grief counselor. My mom was in a support group when my dad died specifically for widows/widowers with small children. I hope this doesn't come off as insensitive, but remember your baby is part of your husband. So a part of him lives on in you. If that's too hard, don't beat yourself up. You're grieving, and the pain is new. You can feel scared and sad and angry and anything in between. Vent to us, talk to people. We're here for you. :hugs:

Oh im so sorry. I could never imagine. Please just take it one day at a time. Lean on anyone you need to.

Thank you ladies. I find solace in all of you and your support. I guess my biggest concern right now is how this stress is going to affect the baby and I am terrified of having a miscarriage. This baby is a part of my husband and I know I am so thankfful to have a part of him in me and now I don't ever want to lose him.

What do you ladies suggest I do? I am so terrified I'll MC and then have nothing left from him but his memories.

I have no suggestions about what to do but I want to say how sorry I am that this has happened to you. Surround yourself with family and friends, you will need support through this horrible time and through your pregnancy.

Could you talk to your gyn? I know some women don't find early scans necessary or helpful, but my gyn says that once a hb is found between 6-7 weeks that the mc rate drops to 5% not at 12w. So maybe opting for an earlier first prenatal? As for stress it has to be chronic so as long as you get ahead of it now with counseling and mindfulness and maybe prenatal yoga to destress it should be ok. Hugs hugs I've been stressed off and on panic attacks and what not and thus far everything is good. The only person I know who had stress affect baby was my mom and she was threatened st gun point and lived in a battered women's shelter the last month and had an ro on my dad when I was born. But I have plenty of friends who went through some pretty heavy stuff with family and jobs and constant stress and their babies turned out perfectly if that helps st all

The big thing right now is to not let the stress affect you over or under sleeping or eating or lethargy you know? Hugs hugs

Oh my goodness, this is horrendous. I'm so sorry for your loss.

My suggestion in terms of baby is to see if you can get an early scan like pp suggested, it is correct the rate of miscarriage drops once you've seen a heartbeat. Take care of yourself in terms of diet and prenatals and just have faith that baby will be ok. Miscarriages are generally if there is a chromosomal or genetic defect so try not to be concerned about stress impacting as it's unlikely. Clearly this will be an upsetting time for you but just trust baby will be fine, they are generally tough little cookies. I pray you've got a good support network around you. You're in my thoughts hun

I'm so sorry for your loss, my mum went through the same thing when she was pregnant with me, I think she was about 8 weeks when police turned up at her door to say my dad had died.
I would talk to your doctor/midwife about it, because my mum had to spend a lot of time in and out of hospital to make sure she didn't lose me because I'm her only child as well.
Hope you have a good support network around you to help as well xx

I'm so sorry for your loss. How utterly heartbreaking, I can't begin to imagine. :( just take every day and every hour at a time. Surround yourself with people who will help and support you. Look at some counselling and try your best to keep looking after yourself as best as you can. Wishing you a healthy nine months and that your baby together is a solice and a source of love and happiness.

I'm so so sorry for your loss, I can only echo what everyone has said, surround yourself with family and friends.
I was told by my consultant that stress isn't a factor when it comes to miscarriage, it's generally genetic/chromosomal issues.
Sending you many many hugs :hugs:

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how absolutely heartbroken you must be :cry::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->