Heartburn so bad i wanna cry! help:(

mandapanda93

Pregnant 1st Trimester
Reaction score
I havent had heartburn through any part of this pregnancy and now for the last week it wont go away! I feel like a whole is being burned through my throat.

I just drank two glasses of milk and took a tums but still no relief:(
Any help would be awesome!

I'm like this at the moment it so bad i feel like i'm going to be sick, no advice i'm afraid though, i've been taking gaviscon but i'm lucky if i get 10 mins relief before its back xx

Zantac!!! It's wonderful and safe to use in pregnancy. I find taking just one when I first feel a wave of it coming on helps and this way I'm not having to take a ton of tums or gaviscon. I had issues for years with reflux and such so tums and gaviscon don't do anything for me.

Milk can actually irritate things more. Water is best. Eating small meals and not laying down for at least an hour after eating. And definately nothing acidic!! Tomato sauce and oranges are brutal for me.

I asked the Dr. about this as tums were not working. She recommended Zantac, so I will start trying it tonight.

I know how you feel! It's awful!

If all else fails try a teaspoon of sugar, let it melt on your tongue and then swollow....obviosuly don't eat loads of it but this helped my Nana when she was pregnant.

It doesn't work for me but it might do for you....I find eating ice cubes help's mine slightly but nothing really shift's mine and I am sometimes sick with the heartburn.

Thanks for the ideas guys!
I like the ice idea just cus i love chewing ice. I know its bad for your teeth but its so good! lol
Good to know milk isn't the answer. i thought the calcium in it was suppose to help.
Zantac?? Wow i didnt know we could take that. Ill think about it. I'm horrible about taking medicines. I wont even take headache or cold medicines. not just cus im pregnant, i never have

Def Zantac! works like a charm for me, it's a life saver!

Milk is worse due to the fat in the milk which makes the stomach work harder and produces more acid to break down the fat. It's best just to wait it out I found 'til the stomach is empty and then just be careful there after. Try only eat small meals and often.

Very Alkaline Foods Include

Bananas
Chocolate
Figs
Mineral water
Orange juice
Potatoes
Spinach
Watermelon
Dandelion Greens

Try eat more of them foods and less acidic foods and fatty foods.

If you go to the doctor there may be medication he can gives to help reduce the acid produced. I'm on Ranitidine and Omeprozole atm. Try keep yourself propped up too, that seems to help. Hope you get some relief soon, I know the pain can be awful.

P.S. Out of that list bananas help the most with me, and potatoes.

Definately Zantac has been my savior. My one complaint through out pregnancy has been the awful, never ending, wake me up in the middle of the night heart burn and zantac has always helped. It only takes about 10-15 minutes for it to clear up after you take it too. Hope it helps you!

Hard mint sweets like polos have helped me :s don't really know why tho lol hope you feel better soon :)

I'm plagued by heartburn every night when I go te bed. usually tums works for me but on the occasion it doesn't the following has:

I've found that lying down slightly elevated on one side (for me my left side works the best) and a pillow under my bump makes it stop, weird, but it may have something to do with the position the stomach is in. Obviously this doesn't help if you're up and about, but maybe this will:

YOGURT! Yogurt has worked wonders for my heartburn to the point where I always have a stocked supply in the fridge. Find your favorite super creamy yogurt and see if that helps at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->