heartburn... when did you first get it? ginger haired babies don't get it as bad?

Barnesmaries

Mum of 2
Reaction score
I'm now 21 weeks and have yet to get heartburn (not that I'm complaining!) - but I'm now just wondering am I still early on for heartburn maybe? When did you first get it?

Heartburn is apparently a sign on your babies hair growing.. And now I've been told that babies born with ginger hair(seems to be thin when born with ginger hair).. The mum doesn't get much heartburn - anyone else heard this?!

X

Haven't heard about the ginger hair theory but over the past couple of weeks I have had heartburn, mostly in the evenings.

With my son my heartburn started in the 3rd trimester. He had light colored hair and there was very little of it.

With the pregnancy, the heartburn started in full force about 2 weeks ago....we'll see what happens....

I have terrible heartburn. DH has red hair, so im not sure if I will have a ginger baby?

Im ginger and i had very thick ginger hair when i was born, my mum says she didnt get much heartburn when she was pregnant with me, and my cousins are quite varied heartburn-wise when they had their children (they're all ginger too). I read somewhere that its because all your digestive system is slowing down and certain foods can cause heartburn due to this sluggishness of digestion

I have had heartburn since about week 8, never ever suffered from it before in my life! but now have it regular.. not nice :(

oh please dont say that! My husband for some reason hates red heads and keeps saying we better not have a ginger baby ;). Although it would be his fault beings his father has somewhat red hair and both their facial hair grows in red!

Ive not really had heart burn much, more indegestion. But the other night I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst heart burn and indegestion Ive EVER felt and I know heartburn! (before prego.) So we will just see, as long as my babies happy and healthy im okay with whatever...but I would like a baby with hair :)

Haven't heard that theory, but my baby won't be born with ginger hair anyway! :D

I've had dreadful heartburn for a little over a month now, milk sometimes helps but it keeps coming back! :(

Ive been suffering with heartburn since before we got our BFP!! It was on and off until about 17 weeks, since then its been mainly on!! Ouchy!!x

Interesting... So it seems the odds are high of a ginger baby as most people with ginger children don't seem to suffer heartburn!

Anyone else..?

I had horrible heartburn with my oldest and he was born with dark brown hair and I didn't have to bad heartburn but did have some with my 2nd son and he was born with a headfull of bright red hair :)

I've got a strawberry blonde child n I suffered bad with heartburn. Does that count as Ginger ha !!!! Haven't had any this preg though x

I am almost 27 weeks and I havent had heartburn yet. I have never had heartburn a day in my life.

I'm not really sure what heartburn is but I think I don't have it? Baby's father and I are both dark-haired and light-skinned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->