Heartburn!

D

Divinebeauty

I know I cant be the only one having massive heartburn attacks! I have no idea why the sudden heartburn. I honestly get heartburn after everything I eat/drink I can drink a glass of water and sit down and suffer heartburn, like water really???

Any remedies on hand any of you ladies use???

I really hate taking meds during pregnancy so im trying to lean more natural. Is there anything out there?

Me, for a few weeks already!
Water is the worse!!!
I don't drink water anymore barely! I can't deal with the heartburn.

What helps for me is, drinking milk and sprite also helps.
I can't live without sprite.

I had horrible heartburn during most of my pregnancy. I LIVED ON tums! I know you say you prefer not to take meds, but they are very safe. My doc even said they were GOOD for me because of the extra calcium. They were the ONLY thing that helped me.

^^^ I agree, I lived on tums up until about a month ago....I dont know what I would have done without them. literally carried them in my handbag and had one next to my bedside....sorry I dont know about anything natural. Hope it eases up for you soon!

I don't have severe heartburn, but I was starting to get it, and water does make it worse, so I grabbed the tums, well, it worked great, but the calcium which is great for you, except it makes you constipated...so I had to stop taking the tums, drinking milk or sprite does help me...so its a trade off, either have heartburn or have constipation...for me, I'll deal with the minor heartburn, its not that bad yet...:p

ditto on the tums!! feel like i eat them more than food some days!! :) Milk is also good!

I have..actually should say HAD severe heartburn and acid reflex during this pregnancy. I would wake up at night crying it hurt sooo bad.
I discovered Zantac...OMG WHAT A RELIEF......I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER.

Tums suck

Tums are actually bad for you because they have Talc in them which is not good.

I get really bad heart burn too, if you are in the UK you can get gaviscon on prescription from your docs, I was also told that rennie's are ok to take. I tried to control it with milk as I have tried to keep taking meds to a minimum whilst pregnant but it just doesn't work well enough when it's severe!! I'm glugging down gaviscon like it's going out of fashion lately, just hope it doesn't get worse as my pregnancy goes on, I've still got 12 weeks to go!

I've been having acid reflux for the past 3 months, gradually getting worse as he got bigger. I've been taking a chewy Rennie tablet + 2 chalky ones before I go to sleep and there's an immediate relief. I tried Gaviscon ones but they didn't work they made me feel sick. Now I have to take 2 chalky ones in the middle of the night most nights as well to stop me throwing up in my mouth! (niiice)

I find the freshmint or spearmint ones work best

I suffered with severe heartburn and acid reflux. Most mornings I would be in the bathroom bringing lots of acid and bile up. Rennies just didn't touch it.

Then at 39wks I finally decided to give the Gaviscon peppermint liquid a try.

OMG it was amazing. The relief was pretty much instant.

I do still sometimes feel a bit acidy and have thrown up a couple of times but it is absolutely nowhere near as bad as it was. I am even eating more now because I can actually stomach things. I sometimes wouldn't eat because the acid was so bad. And I can sleep too - I've lost count of the number of nights I hardly slept because I felt the acid burning the back of my throat.

I know you said you would prefer not to take meds but it's what the docs prescribe so must be safe.

I have tried milk etc but it never really helped me.

Thanks ladies for all the responses ive asked my doc about tums and he said no to me thats why i was looking fro something natural or something. I am high risk, so I dont know if that is why he said he dosent reccomend tums, he just told me the basics dont lie down after eating, try to stay away from acidic foods and so (all the stuff I already know!)

I am going to ask him about gaviscon, I dont think we have tabs here but I really cant take this acid feeling at night any longer so hoping gaviscon will be approved!!

Any other suggestions feel free to add!

PS: sprite gives me heartburn because of the carbonation! blaaah

milk and rennies the mint u chew and eat has been a godsend to me.

I also get really bad heartburn for no reason, its terrible and keeps me up half the night as well as making me a bit sick. I also don't like taking any sort of medication including paracetomel and tums and rennies and things like that but milk is supposed to help :)

I eat chewy rennies or the fruit tablet ones and drink milk. I used to use gaviscon but after a bit it just made me sick. I still struggle with heartburn, I wake up with it just from turning over in bed! I dont eat late at night, I dont drink anything except milk in the evenings - I dread to think how bad it would be if I did! You have my sympathy thats for sure, I wouldnt wish pregnancy heartburn on my worst enemy!

I've been having acid reflux for the past 3 months, gradually getting worse as he got bigger. I've been taking a chewy Rennie tablet + 2 chalky ones before I go to sleep and there's an immediate relief. I tried Gaviscon ones but they didn't work they made me feel sick. Now I have to take 2 chalky ones in the middle of the night most nights as well to stop me throwing up in my mouth! (niiice)

I find the freshmint or spearmint ones work best

omg u sound like me hehehehe ...i couldve written this ;)..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->