Heated Clothes Airer - Rate Them?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Does anyone have one? Better than a normal clothes airer? I have a lot I can't tumble dry!

Also
Does anyone have one and use a tumble dryer? Did you notice a change in your electric bill by reducing the amount of tumble time? I look at the pence per hour and wonder if it's worth while.

:kiss:

I have one from Lakeland I love it
To be honest I d not looked at bills ect I couldn’t manage with out mine as non of our clothes tumble dry I just use that for towels and bedding

We don't have one at home but I used one on holiday (we had a wet weather week) and it was actually quite good. I don't have space at home but would consider it if did

I have a Lakeland airier too. Had it for around a year now I absolutely love it I use it almost every day. I have the cover too which works better than throwing towels on it :haha:

I also have a tumble dryer. I use it for bedding, towels and my husbands work clothes as he always forgets to tell me he needs something that night. I didn't know much about energy efficiency when I bought it so ours is a b (for comparison our washer is a+++). It does use a lot but I wouldn't be without it. I put a dry towel in with a load to reduce drying time :thumbup:

A nice upside to the airier is my house smells of fabric conditioner whilst the clothes are drying.

I have a dry buddy, I would rate it but I have no idea about the running costs. I dry everything in it. We don’t have a tumble dryer but definitely do need one. This at least does for now.

My dryer is on all the time as I can't bear wet Washington around the house. The only one thing I miss about summer!

I couldn’t get on with the Lakeland airer at all. Took a few days just for my undies to dry (and they aren’t THAT big lol)
Ended up taking it back and replacing our tumble dryer. I’m unsure of the running costs but for ya with 4 children it’s a necessity.

I've had a heated clothes airer for 5 years and love it. It dries my clothes overnight. It's on almost 24/7 in the winter and doesn't cost a noticeable amount to run. I would recommend buying the cover for it though or else, like me, cover the washing with a double quilt cover (or similar) it reduces the drying time significantly and stops the cooking smells etc getting into the washing. I don't have a drier.

I had one and i hated it. it took too long imo. I have a dryer now and use that for most things that i wash unless its nice weather outside.

I’ve had one for a couple of years and love it! In our last house we had a washer/dryer so didn’t tumble dry much at all, this house has a stand alone dryer so more does get tumble dried, but I still wouldn’t be without the airer. (I have the cover and thinks it helps speed up the drying process)

I put a dry towel in with a load to reduce drying time :thumbup:
That works? never heard of that before x

My mum told me to do this ! I can say it defiantly works!

I am also looking into a heated airer Mine take ages to dry on my normal airer and start smelling of damp so then I have to re wash ! Wouldn't mind we have out central heating on too !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->