Hello can I come in? And a sling question..

greenlady

Mum of two gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wanted to introduce myself :hi:
My LO is 9 weeks old and I am just starting on the cloth nappy road. I always wanted to do that and even bought a few while I was pregnant but I wanted to just give myself time to get the knack of parenting first so started off with sposies. So I'm still a of a bit part-timer as I only have 9 nappies, 3 of which arrived today :happydance: so only 6 really until now. I have 3 flips, 4 ittis (SIO, 3 small 1 medium), a bumgenius 3.0 and a pop-in. I have extra inserts for the flips and ittis as well. Over the next month or so I'd like to get enough to use them full time and ditch the pampers!

Also, I've been wearing Flora in the sling a fair bit recently (I have a close baby carrier) as I've been having some trouble with daytime napping, so its the only way I can get stuff done. My question is, when they nap in the sling is it good quality sleep or is it a bit disturbed? She can be in it for a couple of hours but I don't get the feeling she's sleeping that deeply as she will twitch on and off, even though her eyes remain closed.

Oh and final question(s), you have to pre-wash the new nappies before using right? Even the outers (e.g. the flip outer?) Does the colour run on any of them do you think? (was hoping to sling em in with mostly whites).

:flower:

Forgot to add a pic of miss Flora in her peppermint itti ..

DSC_0256.jpg

I've found that Daytime napping is totally different to the deep night time sleep - any sleep she gets will be what she needs, during the day i'm often glued to the couch when Q's napping as he won't sleep in a sling and ends up asleep BFDG, the slightest movement makes him stir.
At night i could throw a party and it wouldn't wake him! this is his deep 'i'm taking time out to grow sleep'

as for your nappies do prewash them to get rid of manufacturing residue, if the flips are stay dry one wash will be ok, if you have the organic ones soak them overnight and then wash (they take 6-8 washes to reach a good absorbency but you don't need to do all these before you use them - wear for a shorter amount of time instead)

Remember only use 1/4 of your normal dose of detergent. also if you have the zinnia (pink) flips they have been known to run but you don't necessarily need to wash these before use. if you do put a colour catcher in with them just to be sure.

:hi: hello there.
I have a mei tai carrier and although lo falls asleep in it, i dont feel he has a good sleep in there, if he needs a good nap then i put him in his pushchair when out and about but i do love carrying him around in the mei tai.

No advice on the napping hun, but F looks so cute in her itti!

Wellcome to the board :)

Im Kirsty 20 and have a Daughter Olivia who is nearly 4 and Seth who is 6 months!

Im not sure about the colour run on nappies, pretty sure my flips didnt run, we have a blue and green one. My ittis neither except the red one but i didnt put them in with Whites so cant be 100%,

Id say pre-wash them with nappies only, you might not want to take the chance :)

As for the sling sleep, Seth seems to get really good sleep in the sling so i would say its pretty good quality sleep :)

We had a Kari-Me bit like a close baby and we loved it! We now have a Girasol wrap and a melkaj mei tai!

Love Kirst x

Oh meant to add- my zinnia BGv3s colour ran- mostly into the Velcro on the other BGs but not the fleece lining. Id wash that one seperately a few times or with a colour catcher x

Thanks guys! She's been in the sling a lot today as we've been cooking up a storm for a big party we're catering. Last night I was decorating her head with flour as I prepared the puff pastry nibbles :haha: But yeah I feel like she's OK in it but I am still going to alternate with proper naps in her basket.

re colour - thanks for the advice. I'm a bit slack I've never used a colour catcher! Do they really work? But yep I'll wash em with only other nappies or dark stuff to be sure. I've washed all my cloth so far with our clothes - only because there's not enough of them on their own for a full wash. So all in all a bit haphazard about it at the moment!

Do you think that's a good excuse to buy more nappies - so I can fill an entire wash? :haha:

Thats the best excuse ever! but then you get to a stage where 1 load isnt enough and you need enought nappies to fill 2 and so on!! :rofl: well i do anyway!!

Gabriella sleeps really well in her carriers, and seems much more rested sleeping in them than she does having a daytime nap in her moses basket. I'm only judging by her mood on waking, but she seems more contented after a good sleep on me in a carrier :shrug: She does stir, but then she stirs in her sleep in the moses basket too and I have a suspicion that's why she won't sleep as long in there...

I get her covered in all sorts though! Toast crumbs, makeup, I even dropped some rice on her from my takeaway on Saturday night :blush: Maybe I need to go through the the mum's confessional thread...

Gabriella sleeps really well in her carriers, and seems much more rested sleeping in them than she does having a daytime nap in her moses basket. I'm only judging by her mood on waking, but she seems more contented after a good sleep on me in a carrier :shrug: She does stir, but then she stirs in her sleep in the moses basket too and I have a suspicion that's why she won't sleep as long in there...

I get her covered in all sorts though! Toast crumbs, makeup, I even dropped some rice on her from my takeaway on Saturday night :blush: Maybe I need to go through the the mum's confessional thread...

I think you're right, and in the last few days since I wrote this I've used it a lot as she's been a bit miserable with reflux :( and I think she's more comfortable in the upright position. I can't seem to get her to nap for longer than 45 minutes in her basket but she'll stay in the sling for longer.

An re confessional, I keep lightly bumping her when I'm doing something, she doesn't seem to mind but I feel a bit bad about that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->