Hello! Hoping to start ttc in Jan '09?

Hi Katy!

So exciting that your date has moved forward so far! Good luck ttc in Jan, and we can all help each other through the impatient wait!

:hug:

How are you guys feeling about it all? Anyone nervous as well as excited? xx

Yes me! I'm excited and nervous....a mixture of emotions. I would be lying if I said I wasn't apprehensive about the whole pregancy/giving birth deal. My attitude is that if I am lucky enough to get pregnant, then I will just have to deal with it when it happens! How do you feel about it all?

PS. I tend to spread my posting between this thread and another called 'Nov Dec trying' because I am ttc from December.

Good to have you on board :)

Having been ttc for 13 months (1 mc), and already now wtt for another month, I'm afraid I'm just feeling doubtful and cynical. Of course I get excited about the thought of having my own baby (I've never felt nervous), but in my heart of hearts I don't actually believe it will ever happen for me.

But that's just me, and I don't want to be a wet blanket! Don't be nervous...you'll be a fantastic mum. Just be excited and look forward to one of the greatest miracles of life :hug:

but in my heart of hearts I don't actually believe it will ever happen for me.

*Farie blunders in waving a bat and heading directly for Schmelly ....*
:ninja: :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr: :ninja:

You will get your BFP!! We both will and I'm blooming well going to drag you to 1st Tri kicking and screaming if needs be :rofl: We will get there ... you might not be nervous about being a mum but I sure as hell am ... I need you! :blush:
:flower: :friends: We will get there :hugs:

Having been ttc for 13 months (1 mc), and already now wtt for another month, I'm afraid I'm just feeling doubtful and cynical. Of course I get excited about the thought of having my own baby (I've never felt nervous), but in my heart of hearts I don't actually believe it will ever happen for me.

But that's just me, and I don't want to be a wet blanket! Don't be nervous...you'll be a fantastic mum. Just be excited and look forward to one of the greatest miracles of life :hug:

I'm sure it will happen for you eventually, I'll have my fingers crossed for your bfp once you start trying again :hugs:

Poshie- I'm really excited but also nervous about the fact that whilst OH works and therefore we could afford rent and everything else we need part of me thinks it's irresponsible for me to try whilst i still have student loan debt. But the other part of me also realises if i want to wait until my student loan is entirely paid off i'll be waiting about 10 years or more. I think it's just nerves about the financial aspect really

Schmelly - I'm sorry you are feeling down about it all. My sis is in a similar situation with 13 month ttc and 1 m/c. She has an appt in 2 weeks with an FS. Have you been referred to similar?

Katy - my DH has student loan debt too. A little has been paid off thanks to his Mum, but he will have to pay some of annually (they take 9% of his earnings).

The financial thing does worry me too and we have a large mortgage. Losing my wage will mean losing half our income, so it's going to be tight. Thing is though, there is never going to be a 'right' time and if I wait til it is, I will be an old woman!

We are currently saving £500 / month towards an emergency fund so that if things get really tight when I'm off work, then we'll have that money there.

:)

but in my heart of hearts I don't actually believe it will ever happen for me.

*Farie blunders in waving a bat and heading directly for Schmelly ....*
:ninja: :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr: :ninja:

You will get your BFP!! We both will and I'm blooming well going to drag you to 1st Tri kicking and screaming if needs be :rofl: We will get there ... you might not be nervous about being a mum but I sure as hell am ... I need you! :blush:
:flower: :friends: We will get there :hugs:

:rofl: Youve just made me laugh out loud! Thank you :hugs:

Schmelly - I'm sorry you are feeling down about it all. My sis is in a similar situation with 13 month ttc and 1 m/c. She has an appt in 2 weeks with an FS. Have you been referred to similar?

Katy - my DH has student loan debt too. A little has been paid off thanks to his Mum, but he will have to pay some of annually (they take 9% of his earnings).

The financial thing does worry me too and we have a large mortgage. Losing my wage will mean losing half our income, so it's going to be tight. Thing is though, there is never going to be a 'right' time and if I wait til it is, I will be an old woman!

We are currently saving £500 / month towards an emergency fund so that if things get really tight when I'm off work, then we'll have that money there.

That's a really good idea. We have some money spare so we could start saving, although the way the banks are at the minute i would know where to open an account! I agree with there never really being a right time financially, i think i just generally worry too much about everything

How's everyone doing? :hug:

I haven't managed to start saving, much as I'd like to. I've decided my priority is to get my debt paid off (credit card mostly) before LO comes along. :baby:

Anyone started Xmas shopping yet? (Don't shoot me for mentioning it!!!!). :rofl:

Well funnily enough, I have a xmas shopping trip planned for this weekend with my sis and mate. Very unusual for me to go this early, but it wasn't my idea! I will be quite pleaed to get it out the way though......assuming I am successful of course :) Have you got any planned soon?

Poshie...I must be telepathic! I usually refuse to 'do' Christmas until December, but for some reason I want to get organised early this year. I'm on half term break this week, so may venture to the shops at some point.

I've just been chatting to my best friend. Her LO is 4 months now and she had a long journey to get her. She also reminded me of the fact that her brother and his wife were ttc for 4 years with #1 and another 5 years for #2. That helped me to get my situation into perspective and I'm feeling decidedly cheerier now! I have lots to be thankful for :happydance:

Hope you're doing OK :hug:

Hey chick, ohh you are organised!! I tried to do the same last year .. but I got all confused nearer xmas and ended up buying most people 2 pressies as I hid and couldn't find the 1st lot :dohh:

I'm not really sure I should be allowed a child ....................................

^
awww :rofl:

I am trying to be organised this year, ordering lots of bits and peices online. Fingers crossed i dont then lose them all too!

Hi everyone, how's the waiting going? I know its been a while since my first post but I lost the link to this website and couldn't find it - doh! I now have it bookmarked - phew. :haha:

The waiting for me is being surprisingly easy so far but I think thats due to my new nephew's arrival. I've just come back from visiting him and its made it all the more clear to me that i'm definitely ready to be a mum!

Hey chick, ohh you are organised!! I tried to do the same last year .. but I got all confused nearer xmas and ended up buying most people 2 pressies as I hid and couldn't find the 1st lot :dohh:

I'm not really sure I should be allowed a child ....................................

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sounds like the kind of thing I'd do!

Well...it's now November, which means that in just a few weeks I'll be getting my thyroid levels checked again to see if I'm fixed.

Pleeeeeeeeeeease let me be fixed so that we can start trying again..........:hissy:

How are you all doing? I'm doing good. Had a nice weekend with the sister and her friend. Had a pretty productive shopping day, mainly with items for myself! Got a few other bits though so I'm pleased to have made a start.

Well scarily, I have just one more cycle before ttc. In about 5 weeks I will be actually trying, It's coming around all so quickly now! I'm going to be opk again this time next week to check on that and then wait for next af and then.......!!

So Schmelly so is it a blood test you have to have to check your thyroid? Good luck with that.

Kitkat welcome back! When do you start trying?

We've decided to start in February, not long to go really. If my cycle stays as it has been, I should ovulate around valentines day, so that should make a fun valentines day! I'm purely speculating though, think i'll buy some OPK's to make sure i've got the timing right!

5 weeks will fly by for you! Good luck!

How are you all doing? I'm doing good. Had a nice weekend with the sister and her friend. Had a pretty productive shopping day, mainly with items for myself! Got a few other bits though so I'm pleased to have made a start.

Well scarily, I have just one more cycle before ttc. In about 5 weeks I will be actually trying, It's coming around all so quickly now! I'm going to be opk again this time next week to check on that and then wait for next af and then.......!!

So Schmelly so is it a blood test you have to have to check your thyroid? Good luck with that.

wow! only 5 weeks! good luck :)

Thanks for your good wishes gals :) It is scary and exciting all at once! It's going into the unknown - Goodness knows how long it will take, if it will happen at all and how I will find it.

February will soon be here too Kitkat - it will fly by I'm sure. We are hoping to go on holiday in February - get some sun on our skin during the miserable UK winter. Can't wait for that. Let us know how you get on with the opk's - will you be trying those soon or nearer the time? I have used two so far, just to see if I got any positive signs. It's all useful stuff isn't it.

Good luck to you both and I'll look forward to reading about your journey here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"