Hello! Hoping to start ttc in Jan '09?

Let us know how you get on with the opk's - will you be trying those soon or nearer the time? I have used two so far, just to see if I got any positive signs. It's all useful stuff isn't it.

Thanks for the good luck wishes! I'm thinking of using the OPK's 1 month before. I don't want to get too obsessed with it all and start too early.

Fair play to you, that's a good idea. I have told myself the same thing. I know I have used two opks's but just to see if might be ovulating, as part of monitoring my 'natural' cycle since bcp. That is it though, I haven't done anything else and don't plan to.

Only 5 weeks, Poshie..........with Xmas on the way it will definitely fly! Good luck!

Yes I need a blood test , then have to wait 2 weeks for the results. I'll be getting it done mid-late November, so should get the results early December-ish!

If all goes well I'll be digging out the sexy-santa lingerie for some Xmas BD-ing!!!!!! :blush: :rofl: Guess I may do that anyhow, but it'd be nice to think that we could be making a baby too :blush:

I never had any luck with OPKs...used them quite a few times and never got even a feint positive. Zita West reckons it's best to go by CM, but I know OPKs def work for some people. Good luck!

My sister tried opk's and they didn't work for her at all (ie. she didn't get one positive result). She has her first appt tomorrow the FS so I'm praying she gets some positive news and a way forward.

Thing is, I'm not entirely sure when to take my opk this month, as my last cycle was 23/24 days, but the previous one was 28 days. I'm on CD8 (based on last cycle) at the mo and am considering trying opk starting CD11.

Christmas will be here before we know it!!

I am going to be TTC in January '09. :) I can't wait!! I started taking my prenatal pill yesterday. :)

Welcome to our thread :) January will be here before you know it!

I am also TTC in January...Very excited but also nervous.

Its getting closer girls!

So does everyone have their cycles sort of figured out as to when you will be Oing in January? If I stay the same and my cycles dont go all wonky, I should be Oing right around the 17th or 18th of January. Seems so close, yet SO far away!!

In for January too, you all cross fingers for me, that my DH will be around by december, he is now abroad. we are all set for Jan but he has to be around... Cant wait to TTC, how can i attatch these attatments, e.g from daisy.... im new here, All the best for all of us

Hello and welcome :)

Not long now girls! I too am scared and excited - who knows what the journey will bring. Lots of bfp I hope.

I'll look forward to hearing your stories and ttc journeys here and best of luck.:happydance:

Thanks Poshie, yea im scared too, i was actually to TTC in 3 years and have had IUD for only 3 months, oops got appt for monday and dont know what i wil explain for them to remove it since i had to convince them to put it, here you dont get IUD if you havent had kids..... ok back to me wanting to TTC soon, its just a burning thing inside me of wanting a baby, DH is fine and wants a baby so much but i was worried with alot of things; Finance, wanting to stil spend quality time alone with DH cause we have been married for little over a year and few other little things that i wanted them together before starting a family but well, i know we wil manage it.... wishing all of you the best

I would be O ing around Jan 22nd. I am excited but I also decided to do one last "hurrah" thing for the holidays like drinking and eating sushi with my SIL.

Big welcome :hug: to the new girls!

Well...my wait will be a bit easier now! I got a new little tiny baby bunny yesterday. :happydance: She's so cute, and is a real little attention seeker!

How is everyone doing? :hugs:

Ahhh bless an ickle bunny rabbit, they are cute :) We used to have rabbits and guinea pigs for many years. Then we got a dog and we stopped. What is the little one's name then and what colouring does he have?

I'm good thanks. Had a good weekend. Worked saturday morning but Saturday night went over to my neighbour's house for the first time with my dog who was invited round to keep their dog company during the fireworks. She had a fab time as all they did was play constantly! Fireworks/bonfire were good and I had a few beers.

How was yours?

I'm currently waiting to see when I will O this month. Past couple of months it was a +O on CD12 but I'm not CD14 and nothing yet. Been thinking how after this O and then AF, it will be time to ttc!

:D

Thanks Poshie. She's a brave little thing and loves being cuddled, so maybe she'll help to assuage my maternal instincts for a while :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Her name's Daisy and she's a beautiful golden colour. :happydance: :cloud9: :happydance:

I already have an 18 month old bunny called Bob. It's taken this long to persuade DH that we needed another little bun!

Glad you had a good weekend and managed to distract your pup from the trauma of fireworks! I love fireworks, but the weather has been so awful recently that we didn't end up having our own display or going to one. We went round my parents' for sparklers and jacket potatoes& sausages instead! :happydance:

That's good she likes being handled. Some don't do they. I'm sure she'll help ease the transition for you from WTT to TTC! :)

Hey I haven't Ov'ed yet this month. Normally had a + opk by now. CD 15 today so looks like it may be later for me this month. Having said that, I'm CD15 based on my shorter cycle of last month. So if I was on my usual 28 day cycle, I'd be on CD11. We'll see what happens....

My dog is my little baby and has been for several years now! I often think that talking to her would be much like how I'd talk to a baby ;)

Weather was poor for the firework display - it did rain. I had my wet weather gear on though so it wasn't too bad (especially after a few beers!)

Hej Ladies,
Got appt to remove my IUD tomorrow, excited but anxious.....how are you all doing? All the best on your preparation to TTC.

Best of luck with your appointment. Are you aware of any side effects after removal? How did you get on with it generally? I'm lookingat future alternatives to the bcp.

I had COPPER IUD, meaning non hormonal, its was quite ok for me and been reading online and also asked my doctor of any side effects after removal but he said none, or rather he said i can start ttcing as soon as it is out cause it never affected my hormones balance. Well, it worked for me and i will definitely used it in future, maybe you can read more online and also ask from your doc more on it but i can say its a good one, maybe other ladies here can also tell their experience......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->