Hello I'm new

JasmineFrame

Reaction score
Hello,
Im new to this group i have been in the TTC after a loss group i had a miscarriage back in August of this year, shortly afte the misscarriage i really wanted to TTC right away but after weeks of not gettin gAF i have kinda changed my mind. Just wondering is anyone out there wanting another child but trying to take the stress of TTC by not doing OPKs and temp readings and all that?
Im on this path right now if it happens it happens if it doesnt it doesnt.

Hello,
Im new to this group i have been in the TTC after a loss group i had a miscarriage back in August of this year, shortly afte the misscarriage i really wanted to TTC right away but after weeks of not gettin gAF i have kinda changed my mind. Just wondering is anyone out there wanting another child but trying to take the stress of TTC by not doing OPKs and temp readings and all that?
Im on this path right now if it happens it happens if it doesnt it doesnt.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I felt a bit apathetic after all the hormones left my system...it seems so daunting to want to try again. The second time I got pregnant it was purely by accident, and such a happy surprise. Sadly that ended in miscarriage too, but I felt so much more confident going through that one, I resolved to take the summer off and just enjoy my time with my husband (and we used protection). It was a wonderful summer, and such a needed time for us to reconnect. My advice is to follow your heart, do what feels right for you at the time. If you want to NTNP, then just enjoy your time with your husband, but don't feel bad if you break out the OPKs either. Everyone's journey is so different, but just be kind to yourself and don't worry about what you are or aren't doing. :hugs:

Hi JasmineFrame,

I couldn't agree with you more. The OPKs and temping becomes an obsession! It's like all you can think about. And it takes you and your partner away from what this process is all about. We are starting IUI this cycle which in a way we are relieved because it will help take the pressure off of us. TTC for the past year has put such a strain on everything and it's nice to think we can stop the OPKs and scheduled bedding and just relax! I've been on 50u of Gonal F injectibles and have been monitored every 3-4 days with BW/US. Hopefully the RE will give us good news tomorrow when I go in for my follow up.

Have you considered talking to your doctor about IUI?

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo-1444021200z0z30z14.png

I'm ttc after a loss in July and haven't been going crazy with charting or symptom spotting but I confess I have been using opks. Even then I didn't drive myself insane with those. I took one a day and stopped after I had my first positive. I didn't keep testing like I usually do. As you said, if it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, then I guess it wasn't meant to be. DH and I agreed to try this month, then not again til January (so we're not stressing about ttc during the holidays) and then not again til July when I will be exactly 1 year from my mmc. This is our plan, anyway, though we plan to ntnp in the months in between January and July. I hope we catch the egg before July but my cycles have been so messed up since my mmc that I don't even know if I'm truly ovulating despite getting positive opks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->