• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hello

Tanara

Taye and Fayths Mommy
Reaction score
Hi, I just have a few questions for you ladies who are have homebirths.

I have a 28 month old, I really wanted a homebirth with him but unfortionatly could not. As we could not find anyone and babes was induced.

I really really want to with this baby but my OH is not so sure about it, hes so scared of complications ect. Did anyone here have simular problems? How did you convince you OH that is safe and was what you wanted.

And also i have dont some research but i have failed at finding some really good sites, anyone here know of some great sites with information, maybe him reading some info will help him to understand.

I had a terrible hospital experience with my first, I was there for 4 days and felt like noone cared, i wanted to just go home. I dont want to repeat this again, I would love to just go lay in my own bed, bath in my own bath and just experience what its like to be in a relaxed atmosfier, where im not getting told not to make noice, as im disrupting other people!!:growlmad:

If anyone can help me to make this dream a reality please reply or pm me! Much appreciated!!

Hey there,

My OH has always been OK with homebirth and encourages it but I have come across many people who have been wary because there partners were not OK with it. There are many reasons that they feel this way.

Great blog post (From a great site, if you are considoring a homebirth, it is great to read through everything) is this one:

https://bringbirthhome.com/bbh-dad/dads-walk-the-line-in-favor-of-home-birth/

It is written by a man who does the blog Natural Papa. He was wary of the safety of homebirth before going through it and discovered that is was perfect for their family and found out that his partner was right all along.

There is another, better, post I am trying to find but I will have to search and come back.

Here it is! I would read this one first:

https://bringbirthhome.com/bbh-dad/advice-for-home-birth-moms-when-dad-is-reluctant/

I keep following the links and finding more great info.

https://naturalpapa.com/category/natural-parenting/homebirth-natural-parenting/

https://bringbirthhome.com/uncategorized/bring-birth-home-true-meaning/

For general home birth info the site www.homebirth.org.uk is really useful. It's a UK based site so some of the info won't be relevant to you but a lot of it will be.

I've worked with quite a few couples where the partner has been anxious/unsure about home birth. In fact, with one couple I was their doula purely to support the dad through their home birth. Now he is a complete home birth convert, enthuses about it to everyone and when they got pregnant again there was no question about where their next baby would be born. For many partners they get pushed aside in a hospital setting, only able to stand by and watch as things are done to their wife/partner and it can be pretty scary too. At home they are in their own space and have much more control. They can be as involved or not as they wish. Home births definitely work for dads/partners too. :)

Good luck on helping to bring him round. If you can find another Dad who has been through a home birth that he can talk to that might help.

Gina.

If u go to the www.homebirth.org.uk link posted above, theres a guy on there who's written an article called "7 secrets to being a homebirth dad" My OH found it both useful & funny!

Scroll down from the homepage, and in the "newest articles and updates" theres a link for "fathers and homebirth"- the story is the 1st link on that page!

Thanks he said he would take a look at the links whens hes home from work today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->