Hello!

cowboys angel

new mama & wife and ttc#2
Reaction score
I will just be floating in and out of here. I would kinda like to do a homebirth, but because of my history with pregnancies, I am scared to do it, and I don't think any midwife would do it anyway.

But after the way my last pregnancy went, I know with this coming pregnancy we are WTTC, the odds of me accidentally delivering at home are very good.

So I just wanted to say hi, and that I hope I won't offend anyone by floating around and reading threads.

Hi :)

I see you have the unassisted birth gif on your sig, was one of your births very quick then?

Haha slightly. My water broke 8 blocks from the hospital. OH got me up to triage, I was crowning. He took me to labor and delivery, I stood up, and he pulled my pants to my knees and caught our daughter. It was insane. Nurses came in as he caught the baby and took her from him, and then the doctors came in and were like 'ummmm...well then...'

Welcome! With fast labours you might be better planning a home birth than risking an unplanned unassisted again! :)

That's my thought too, but it will depend what my insurance will cover.

Hello :hi: I would've thought you'd be a great candidate for a homebirth :thumbup:
This is a great part of the forum - I've learnt loads from everyone in here :flower:

Haha thanks.

The thing is I'm not sure I'm a good candidate. I've had two miscarriages, and this LO is my first pregnancy I've carried long enough, but still not to term. She was born and 35+5 and I was in and out of labor starting at 24 weeks...

She had an umbilical cord deformity and had IUGR, and I had a threatened miscarriage at 10 weeks.

I think even with a history of early babies you can still plan for a home birth if you want one because if you were to labour before 36/37 weeks you'd be best going to hospital anyway. That's pretty standard so why not plan (assuming everything is ok with your insurance obv) and if you get further along then you have the option? Seems silly not to. What if you make it to 41 weeks and go into labour and have a perfect birth? You might wish you had been at home! :)

This is true. Well I have to talk to OH about it, and obviously I'm not even pregnant yet, lol, so we have time. :) Thanks ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->