Hellppp... morning sickness home cures anyone!?!

Ragnhild

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
MS seems to have reared her ugly head week 8 for me. I don't have trouble keeping food down because i mostly dry heave and not throw up, but the problem is i can barely eat to begin with. Surviving on fruit at the moment. Even the thought of food and cooking makes me gag, and the usual staples when the nausea was bearable also make me sick, including gingertea and cold water! The midwife has prescribed Meclizine, but after reading some reviews i prefer not to take it unless absolutely essential. Hoping instead that you lovely ladies have some experience and advice about natural home remedies to help cope :flower:

Well this isn't "natural" but my doc recommends 25-50mg B6 with a half unisom sleeping tap (doxylamine 25mg).

Yes, vitamin B6. Also, PROTEIN, not CARBS. A lot of sources say to munch on crackers and such. That might help while you're eating the carbs, but as soon as they're done, you'll probably feel sick again. I made it through first tri by eating a Mini Babybel cheese for a snack between meals. I couldn't stomach meat at the time, but I knew that protein is the solution to morning sickness. It helps a lot with the nausea. I'm not going to say it's a 100% cure, but it's a lot better. I got this knowledge from Michelle Duggar, and as loony as she is, she does know pregnancy. And I've been through this enough times myself to know that carbs just don't do the trick.

Hi ladies,
MS seems to have reared her ugly head week 8 for me. I don't have trouble keeping food down because i mostly dry heave and not throw up, but the problem is i can barely eat to begin with. Surviving on fruit at the moment. Even the thought of food and cooking makes me gag, and the usual staples when the nausea was bearable also make me sick, including gingertea and cold water! The midwife has prescribed Meclizine, but after reading some reviews i prefer not to take it unless absolutely essential. Hoping instead that you lovely ladies have some experience and advice about natural home remedies to help cope :flower:

Hi Ragnhild:winkwink: I'm dealing with nausea too and it's so hard, I live on dry cereal, potato chips and clementines... I didn't think about this at first but yesterday I went to our pharmacy and bought something called seabands? It's a band you put on your each wrists and it has a little ball underneath that puts pressure on your acupuncture spot and reliefs nausea. It's for motion sickness, morning sickness and people that go through chemotherapy. It works!! I still feel a little out of it, but I manage to eat a little more during my day. I do have food adversions so I don't eat everything I see but it helps me keep myself going with three boys around. See if they have it in your pharmacy:winkwink:

Thanks so much you all!! I knew there had to be a solution coz the carbs thing simply isnt working. Will try B6 and proteins now. And the band sounds very promisng star.. At this point i will order it from amazon if my pharmacy doesnt keep them lol! You ladies are great :hugs:

Unfortunately natural remedies don't work for me for this pregnancy since I have HG and am currently on Diclegis (which isn't "all natural" but I highly recommend it if you find the nausea to be unbearable as it is the only medicine specifically for morning sickness) but I suggest mint. It was a great help to me by eating anything with mint or sucking on puppermints. You could also try sucking on sour candies or eating sour candy when you feel queasy. Some people have had loads of relief from taking all natural ginger capsules a few times a day however this is probably not an option if you have trouble swallowing from a restricted throat due to nausea. One girl I knew would open the ginger capsules and dump it on her food because she couldn't swallow pills. I'm not sure how that would taste though.

So sorry about the hg lilmiss... Hope you feel better soon :hugs: Thanks for the suggestions... Peppermint actually sounds good so its probably a good sign :)

Rub some peppermint essential oil on your belly mixed w some coconut oil

Smelling peppermint oil is supposed to help. I know ladies who have used that in labour to help with nausea. I'm thinking of getting a little bottle to carry around in my bag.

I found making sure I ate small things frequently helped this time around. I agree carbs are a short term solution, but cheeses and meats kept the nausea away for a long time. Does your prenatal have b6? Make sure it dies that helps as well. Stay hydrated. Sometimes I find some good old fashioned mindfulness deep breathing as soon as I'm about to hurl can stave it off long enough for me to find a trash can or get emergency carbs down. Hope you feel better!

I bought some peppermint and lemon essential oils, smelling them has helped a bit. Ginger beer (not ginger ale) has been good too, but lots of sugar so I try to only have one a day. Ive also heard the sea bands are good, but haven't used them. More vitamin B6 I've heard too. Been trying to have more protein since I read it in this thread, and it may be helping a bit too. Hope it passes sooner than later for you, its miserable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->