HELP 4 feeds a night while weaning!!

m79

Reaction score
I started weaning at 5 months as by little girl was giving me all the signs , since then we are having 3 bowls of food a day now and still bf every 2-3 hours during the day and with one 4 hour break middle of thre day then between 3 and 4 good feeds a night ?????? Why is this happening we have been like this for about a month before weaning but the food intake isn't helping ??? I can't remember sleeping more than 3 hours straight and the past 3-4 nights I havnt gone longer than a hour as have a poorly toddler :-(

There's a growth spurt at 6 months. Maybe try cutting back on the solids and giving more milk during the day - there's more calories in breastmilk than in pretty much any food. 3 meals a day feels like a lot for a baby that's not 6 months old yet tbh.

Agreed with PP. 6 month growth spurt and that 3 "bowls" of food is too much at 6 months. At this age their main source of nutrition should be breastmilk or formula. Solids should be more of exploratory (~2oz up to 2-3 times a day) and not for nutrition (getting baby used to different tastes and making sure there's no allergies).

Maybe your baby is wanting to nurse more frequently because she's needing the nourishment that right now only breastmilk can provide?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->