Help/advice please partners leave from new job.

Gemx4

Reaction score
Hiya, my partner and I would love to try for another baby. We had everything planned out and were starting to try when his work was put into adminstration. He is now facing redundancy. At the moment he is still working and although they have told him the shop is closing they don't know when, it could be months, weeks or days. This has of course thrown our plans up in the air mainly because I will need a section (previous sections) and I will need him home for at least 2/3 weeks after the birth. If he is still unemployed great (well great baby section wise!) but if he has a new job he won't be entitled to paternity leave so i am just wondering can he take any kind of leave, unpaid, holiday etc or will he not be entitled to that? I mean if I got pregnant now, he was redundant next month, then got a job the month after I would already be two months pregnant so by time baby was born he would have only been working there 6/7 months. And that is best case it could be he is working there for a lot less time.
This has really put us under a lot of stress lately and I can't seem to find answers anywhere so any help or anything would be greatly appreciated. Thank you xx

Yes he can take unpaid leave or holiday if he had accrued it.

With my last baby, he had just started a new job and wasn't entitled to paternity leave.

He did book off 2 weeks holiday though, didnt work out great for us as DS was late so ended up only having 3 days off and then back to work. But I'd imagine it would be easier to plan with a section

Thank you for your replies, put my mind to rest a bit. Shame things are just never simple!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->