HELP...am I pregnant?

MissSarahLee

Reaction score
Hi there, I was hoping that maybe somebody here will have some advice for me or can share their story with early bloods/scans.

I have been getting positive hpts for 3 weeks now. The lines on my stick tests are getting darker (I'm a masochist so I test everyday FMU) and I took a clear blue digital 3 weeks ago which said pregnant 1-2. I had a blood test a week after this and it was negative. I did another clear blue the next week (pregnant 1-2 again) and then once again got negative bloods.

Basically my doctor doesn't believe me. She said 'i think you need to come in and do one of your digital tests in front of us'. Their urine test at the docs was a faint line, she said it didn't appear fast enough to be considerd a positive.

I was going out of my mind so I paid for a private scan. I have no idea how far along I'd be because I've been on implanon and had no periods. The scan showed no sign of pregnancy. My endometrial layer is only 4mm so there's is not even a sign that there could be a pregnancy. And yet low and behold this morning, three weeks after my first BFP I get another positive clear blue, pregnant 1-2 weeks.

What on earth is up with this? Am I pregnant? If I am why are my digitalis not increasing? I feel like if it was chemical I should be bleeding by now or something? My lines are getting darker on strip tests. There was no sign of cysts that could cause false positives on my ultrasound. But if I am then wouldn't my endometrial layer be thicker?

Please help!

Sorry to hear that you're going through all this confusion... but if u got 2x negative blood hcg tests i would strongly believe you are not pregnant... koz the HCG blood tests can pick up the tiniest bit of blood in a womens system, and it detects the HCG even before a HPT/ urine pregnancy test, can. And i dont know why the clear blue digital keeps showing pregnant, maybe u should call the clearblue helpline, im not sure??!! and for your private scan showing no baby.. if u have been getting positive pregnancy tests for 3 weeks/ maybee it can be still too early to detect anything/ but because of your neg blood tests.. i would say you are most likely & highly not pregnant LuV... sorry/ im just being honest, but all the very best & let us know your outcome xoxoxo

Hmmm well I'm not sure either but here is some info...

To me, if you are pregnant, it sounds like an ectopic. Thats the only thing that would explain the scan bot showing anything but still being pregnant.

With that being said, I had an ectopic myself and this is how it panned out test-wise. I found out I was pregnant actually from a blood test first. Wasnt expecting pregnancy because I thought I hadn't ovulated yet. Anyway, I was only 2.5 weeks along but my blood HCG was a 35. I went home and took some home tests and I got positives on a digi and a FRER, even though the FRER was faint. Next blood test was only a 38, which meant it was not viable. I wasn't miscarrying properly so they scheduled a D&C.

The D&C showed absolutely nothing in my uterus. Which is how they knew it was ectopic. They did an ultrasound and couldnt find anything in the uterus but did see a tiny spot in my tube which they suspected was a gestational sac.

Anyway, if you did happen to be pregnant with an ectopic, I would still think that you would have a + Blood. Especially since I was SUPER early with mine when they found it and they still got a pretty good + number. Unfortunately though, I can not explain your + HPTs. :( I wish I could!

Really, I think the odds of you being pregnant are pretty slim. Especially because of the way Implanon works. (I took it for 5 years) Implanon prevents the lining from developing so that an egg can not implant. Thus why most of us have a lack of periods when taking it.

My only suggestion would be to get a second opinion. I would suggest seeing another doc and having them test for you. I would look for an OBGYN or a RE if they'll see you quickly. Just to be absolutely sure that it isn't something like an ectopic. Do you still have your tests by any chance? I would keep them as proof. The other thing I would do is check their batch number and see if you can find any info about a bad batch.

Anyway, if the other doc also says that it's negative then I would just trust that it is. I mean, also, if you are, at this point I thinkt he implanon would be damaging the pregnancy anyway.

Thank you so much for your replies.

I had the implanon taken out 5 days after getting my first positive digital test. Part of me want to wait another couple of weeks and see if I get a withdrawal bleed from the implanon. The other part of me feels like following your advice and seeing a different doctor. If it's ectopic would my ultrasound not have found something in my tubes?

I did my last digital this morning and it's still reading 1-2 weeks. This whole thing has been awful.

I'm going to shop around for a new doctor I think.
I'll keep this updated!

I have no knowledge on this but just wanted to give some support :hugs:

Thank you so much for your replies.

I had the implanon taken out 5 days after getting my first positive digital test. Part of me want to wait another couple of weeks and see if I get a withdrawal bleed from the implanon. The other part of me feels like following your advice and seeing a different doctor. If it's ectopic would my ultrasound not have found something in my tubes?

I did my last digital this morning and it's still reading 1-2 weeks. This whole thing has been awful.

I'm going to shop around for a new doctor I think.
I'll keep this updated!

It should possibly, depending on how far along you are. They saw that tiny something around 5 weeks along for me. Again though, I'm not convinced that it's that at all, but it's the only thing I could think of as far as getting positive preg tests but not finding anything in a scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->