Help?! Are these nappies too tight?!

BabyHaines

Mummy to baby George!!
Reaction score
Strange question, but is it possible to over-tighten popper pocket nappies?? I'm worried that I'm hurting George?! If I do them up tight, he seems to get a red inprint, but if I do it looser, it leaks :(

What to do peeps??

Halen always has red marks from a lot of his nappies, he doesn't cry when I do it up so I'm guessing their not tight.
Does your LO cry when you do them? I think it's just the imprint from the elastic

Some times we get red marks too, if they are quite deep then I'll take that as a sign to move up a size or swap my nappies around for a little while. Sometimes she won't fit in one for a little while so i'll pop it to one side and then try it again in a week or two.

I thought for a while that he was crying because it was too tight, but I think he was just a bit grumpy as he's now soundo!!xxxx

I wouldn't worry about red marks - I often have red marks from my jeans etc but it doesn't hurt :)

leyla has red marks aswell, i do usually take it to mean too tight and loosen it a bit, the difference between us and them is that if we have jeans or something on thats too tight and its hurting then we can open then, whereas babies cant :wacko:

x

That's what I was worried about - them being too tight and hurting him.
I think the nappies I have might be the issue, as they are BTP, so maybe too 'gappy' round the legs and he just slept for 2.5hrs, on his tummy on daddy's chest and when he woke up he was wet through, but at the top of the nappy IYKWIM??
Bloody hell. Want to find some good nappies that fit!!

At the top? which way is his willy pointing in the nappy (should be down!) What nappies are you using?

Hehe, I only made that mistake once....!!
I'm not sure what make they are, I bought 6 pocket nappies (BTP) from CNT to try and they don't seem ideal. They are ok, but not perfect and I'm finding myself using the Eco disposables when he sleeps as I'm worried about leaks :(

Any suggestions??xx

they might be a cheapy make that have been well used and arent up to it anymore.

Was it you I saw buying Blueberrys and a Tots Bots AIO on CNT?

Yes it was me!! Thought I'd try them??

The cheapies were new, so haven't been used xx

You should get on well with those, though you will want some inserts for the BBs.
Have you prewashed the ones you have?

what are you stuffing them with? might need something better like bamboo

x

They came with there own inserts, but was just reading the other thread about inserts and I have some bamboo terrys, so maybe I should try folding those??
Yes, I did prewash, but maybe they need to go through again....
Squish - did you see my post on 'cloth swap & sell??'
if the Itti SIO I have bought from mummy_mi fits, then I'd be interested in the Itti's you have for sale :)

if they are just pul and fleece then they wont need prewashing, its only if they have cotton / bamboo etc that they need prewashing

id deffo try the bamboo terries and see if you get on any better :D

x

Thank you :)
Yes, they are pul and fleece I think xx

its possible if they were cheapy ones that the pul wasnt very good, you can get different 'strengths', thats one of the reasons i put fleece over mine to make sure they dont leak

x

Ahh, I see. I'm still learning!!
I shall have a looksie at your website too. I think maybe I need to go for sized nappies while he's still small and then put my BTP's away until he's a bit bigger maybe??xx

how big is he? i know i struggled to get a good fit with my btps until she was a bit bigger, now they fit perfect but shes about 20lbs now lol

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"