Help?! Are these nappies too tight?!

the only sized nappies i own are small itti all in ones, everything else are btp. my favourite nappies on audrey are my bg v3s, they fit her lovely and she is just under 10lb at the moment. i don't think i've ever had a leak from them - although no doubt i will now ! :haha:

Yeap I did see, let me know as and when :)

Bamboo terry would be a good bet, esp if you only have microfibre inserts atm (I always use microfibre with hemp or bamboo) if they are thin try putting them in the pocket with a microfibre insert ontop or in the middle, though I often put just a hemp babies little weeds insert in a pocket by itself as Theo isnt a heavy wetter...worth experimenting to find what works!

I used sized on Theo mostly at first even though he was 9lb at birth. His BTP were fine once he was 10lb but they fit him better and better as hes getting bigger.
I must say I am rating Blueberry side snaps at the moment (see Photo thread for piccie of Theo in a medium BBSS today) as well as Weenotion side snaps (of course) and Ittis are a lovely fitted nappy if they suit your baby shape. BG sized AIOs are pretty good too. If you find he does wet quite heavily and you need a night time nappy then Holdens Landing do small bedbugs, Tots Bots Size 1 bamboozles would fit him (and they are brilliant)

how big is he? i know i struggled to get a good fit with my btps until she was a bit bigger, now they fit perfect but shes about 20lbs now lol

x

OMG....he was 7lb 15oz at last weigh in....:blush:

Might have a way to go then....!!xxxx

Squish - I've ordered x3 Ellas House Bumhuggers as I heard they were good for nighttime - I hope they fit!!
I think he's a fairly heavy wetter, so need something rather absorbant. I've just been on Cheeks & Cherries and it say BG Flips are buy one get one free, but I couldn't see which ones IYKWIM?? If they are, are they worth a try??xx

haha no they might fit him a lot smaller than that, i doubt very much he is the same shape as leyla after all :winkwink:

you'll have to just keep trying them and see if they get any better, i know a LOT of btp nappies only start fitting around 10lbs at least, sometimes bigger

x

Bumhuggers are great, we have them and use them at night :)
Didnt think Flips were on offer on C&C...dont think they are on offer anywhere atm but they are good, you probably wont get a great fit on him right now but in another couple of weeks you most likely will.

I'm waiting for the arrival of a small Itti SIO, so will see how that fits. I was tempted to buy a few new Itti AIO's, as they're only £10 on GreenBaby. I'm not sure on the fit though, and I also wondered whether I could put a booster of some sort in the AIO's, as he is quite a heavy wetter....

I did wonder of they'd just forgotten to remove the message....!!

I can't wait to get the Bumhuggers!!xx

I like both SIO and AIO, the only reason Im selling the SIO is because Theo is only a light/medium wetter and Im lazy (snapping in the boosters takes time you know!!) They both fit him well, though generally the SIO fit them better as they chunk out in the legs.
Id say at £10 getting one or two AIOs to try is a good idea :) The AIOs can also have the mini booster snapped in too :)

Yeah, sod it. I'm gonna ordered two AIO's me thinks. At least then I'll be able to compare the AIO & SIO xx

Oooh, that's a good idea :)

I have had it with the BTP's I've got though....he has leaked through twice today - not happy!!

I have just ordered two new Itti AIO's in small though, so I shall see how I get on with those. Otherwise, looks like I'll be on the disposables again :(

can you find a brand name of some form on those ones youve got? Its not normal for them to go straight though so much! Theo has never soaked through a nappy with PUL!

Theres absolutely nothing on them, apart from one which says 'Rainbow BB' I think.
The post is still on CNT, it's by 'little1' and it's titled 'de-stash pockets for sale or trade'.
This time it was a leg leak :(

He's so wee hun that i'd def not bother with BTP yet. I'll hopefully be over early this week and we can have a look. I'd def say the AIO ittis will be better than SIOs for George as his legs are so skinny. The other ones you were given not working? x

They are soooooo bulky, that I find myself not wanting to use them, but they didn't leak, so maybe I'll try again.
Yay - would be great if you wouldn't mind having a sort out with me. I thought I'd try the BTP's, as when poppered on the smallest hole, they seemed small enough, but obviously not :(
Are you free Thursday?? Or Weds morning before under 1's??xx

Yeah, Wed morning before under 1s would be best :)

Excellent - see you then. Is about 10ish ok?? xx

Yep, will let you know if its any different x

i ended up in two parter BTP Motherease with wraps/bamboozle sized fitteds upto about 7 weeks old (10lbs +). ittis weren't absorbent enough for us :( loved them though!!

also found that the coolababy similar to naughty baby needed double inserts to get a decent enough fit around the legs!! it's only in the last few weeks Q's been chunky enough to get away with the one insert but then he can only wear it half the amount of time!! :dohh:
If your LO is a heavy wetter i highly recommend Organic cotton or bamboo, like bg organic aio's or flips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->