• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HELP! ASAP! Freaking out!

nellie

Reaction score
Earlier today, I took a HPT and it was negative. I put it back in the box and put it in my purse (I didn't take it at home). I looked at like 30 to 45 minutes later, and now it says it positive. I think! I don't know!!! It is for sure fainter than the control line, but it is blue.

Can that happen?!? I am freaking out!!!!!!!!!

What is an evap line??? How do you know if it is an evap line?

Test arent supposed to be read after 15 minutes.

Evaporation lines, however, can confound results if tests are not interpreted within the clinically recommended time frame. An evaporation line develops when the urine on the test area begins to dry, leaving a faint, usually colorless line. Evaporation lines appear to show up (or not show up) as a result of the composition of the particular urine specimen - and they may appear on any test regardless of brand.

You shouldn't read the test after the time limit, because evap lines can appear as the test dries. It's possible that there could have been a faint line there when you first took it though, and it became clearer as it dried - I'd test again in the morning x

But would the evap line be blue???? Or are they always gray/colorless?! This is such a tease.

How do you guys do this?? Give me tips to calm down please!!

It'l be fine. Get another test and re-do in the morning x

Also, I have a Canon Powershot camera and I cannot get it to show the line in the pics. It is very clear in person. How do you guys get your cameras to take such clear pics?

Some evap lines can have color, especially blue ones. take another test in the am, set a timer and make sure to read it within the time limit

I would take another test and be sure to only read until the time limit, and get pink dye, I trust those types more, like a FRER test :)

Good luck testing tomorrow. xx

I use the flower setting on my camera to take the pics.

I stick mine in the scanner PMSL!!! Also turning the flash off and zooming into it from a distance sometimes helps.

When you get a test check on the instructions - it will usually say 'dispose of test after 10 minutes' or similar - DO THAT!!! I've bene caught out with evap lines before and the bloody things look like the real deal but unless they showed within the acceptable time theyre just taunting you. And although they are generally colourless, there are some that show up with pink or blue lines. Mine showed a perfect pink line which confused the hell out of me!!!

Best of luck hun. xxx

Ok now I dont want to get your hopes up as a lot of people are saying its an evap but I just wanted to tell you my experience. I was testing with tesco home brand tests and they are pink dye. I did a pregnancy test which was negative, about 6 hours later (wayyyyyy too late to look but everyone does right?) there was a line there, faint but there. I thought evap. Did another one straight away, still no line, but again ages later there was one. The next day the line came but still after the time and then the next test I did (I think the day after again) came up straight away. So it is possible. Try testing with a frer in the morning :hugs: xxx

Does anyone know what the chances are of an evap line coming up before the end of the 5 mins?

Does anyone know what the chances are of an evap line coming up before the end of the 5 mins?

In my experience and opinion evaps take longer than 5 minutes to apear as they apear when the tests dry.

so if you got a line in 5 minutes i would say its positive not an evap.

good luck

The only thing is it was very faint and on an IC, I'm also 10DPO.

Is it too early?

I've just heard a few people say that the IC's don't show up positive until after AF is due.

I've got two CB digital with conception indicator but might wait till Tues to do them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->