• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

help complaint letter re lack of breastfeeding facilities

Rah

Mummy to 2 princesses
Reaction score
Ok so we went to gullivers world at the weekend dd1 is 4 so a nice treat for her.
Anyway got to Laylas feed time and looked everywhere for somewhere to feed her the tables and benches are all cemented into the floor so I couldn't push the chair back to give room and there was no way I could get both me and Layla in she couldn't even sit on my knee (I'm not huge a size 16 and I have no idea how larger people would manage)
So I asked a manager he said there is no where but there is a baby change so off I went not even a chair in there
Only place were benches that line the main walk through in the open or grass. It was raining and cool there was no way I was sitting there
I have no problem feeding in public but in the rain?

Anyway I wany to write a letter to this family park but I am not very good with complaints any help?

thinking back when we went earlier in the year i had the same problem.write a letter.say something like you enjoyed your day but it could have been made better if there had been facilities for nursing mothers.hope u get a response.

I think you should definitely raise the issue with the company. Try to be positive, you're more likely to get a response that way. Perhaps suggest improvements to the park which could encourage more breastfeeding families to visit and maybe stay longer. "Disappointed" is always a good word to use, too. You were disappointed by the lack of facilities for breastfeeding, your friends were disappointed to hear of the lack of facilities, you were disappointed to have to cut your visit short (even if you didn't!)

oh no im going there next week :( can you not even push chairs out in the cafe? grr. x

Nope on the web site it does say there is a feeding room but 5 staff that I asked knew nothing about it

I love writing letters i'll do you one if you'd still like one done x

i've just rustled one up for you a babies asleep n oh is wathing an idiot abroad lol. it's a bit strong so you will prob wanna adjust it a lot i'll cut & paste it onto here ps if you dont like it no probs :)

To whom it may concern,

Regrettably the tone of this letter is one of concern re a family visit to Gullivers World on ... with our children ..... ..... years of age and ... ..... years of age.
Overall, the visit was a great success, but sadly the facility setup or lack thereof for feeding the youngest of visitors left a lot to be desired.

Upon detecting my child's initial hunger signs I began to browse the area for designated/adaptable areas, on the very cool wet day that we'd visited. I felt surely with the current breastfeeding legislation in place I was missing something here, and that the feeding facilities were indeed just very well disguised A manager at the park however, advised me that there were no breastfeeding areas instead i was redirected to a baby changing area, to our dismay this minimal changing area didn't contain a chair a highly essential aid for feeding purposes I cannot possibly feed my baby stood up. The website states a feeding room, though 5 colleagues asked have no recollection of said room. Due to the afformentioned weather conditions I couldn't contemplate feeding outside, both the main benches leading through and the grass were wet, I pray no one would expect a baby to suffer wind & rain to be entitled to feed. The fixed benches & tables left little room for myself, therefore baby could not fit in between bench and table to be fed there either. I am not unaccustomed to feeding in public, quite the contrary but, on a day such as the one noted an investment in this fundamental requirement for so many babies would of left a far stronger lasting impression, for the right reasons. I'm saddened to see no thought was given to your future customers. We left with opinions to share as a family, with a poor view on the lack of adherence to policies.

I keenly await your response on this matter.

Yours Sincerely

*delete this part & sign your name here*

*Type your full name here*

Your address in the top left & their address in the top right.

maybe change the keenly await your response thats not the right wording awaiting feedback is more apt to stick on the last line. also i missed out a full stop. x

and maybe add that youve sent a copy of the letter to your local whoever it is that'd check them for things like this.... if there is someone who is incharge of stuff like that, council/breastfeeding i have no idea. hope at least a tiny bit of that helped :p

Omg thank you that is fab I know what to say but really struggle when it comes to writing it down
May even send a copy to our local paper
Thanks again will let you know if they reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back