Help for a newbie!

TrixieLox

Reaction score
Hiya, I’m a newbie and I wanted to say ‘hi’ and would also appreciate answers to some questions!

As background, hubby and I decided to start ‘casually’ trying last week. We’re off to Lapland at Crimbo so really not an ideal time to be trying – but I just had this funny funny feeling last week that ‘it was time’ so we flung caution to the wind on Thurs night.

By NO means am I expecting to have conceived that night. But I see on here that people do get symptoms really early. Biologically, if I did conceive on Thursday (only chance we’ve had cos of his shifts this weekend), then all that’s really happening is that the egg is travelling slowly to the womb (and that’s IF the cheeky little sperm have penetrated it). So how can you have symptoms pre-AF?

Also, I read about IB – when does this happen? Can it be confused with AF?

And when’s the best time to have a test? As this is our first month (usually the last weekday of the month actually!), I’d rather wait to see if I get AF. If I don’t on the day I expect to, how soon after should I get a test? If a day after, surely it’s not that accurate?

Help appreciated, O Wise Ones!

Hi Trixielox!:hi: Welcome to B&B!

From ovulation, it usually takes anything from around 5 to 12 days for implantation (varies from woman to woman, pregnancy to pregnancy). You will only get pregnancy symptoms after implantation as that is when the body starts releasing the pregnancy hormone (hcg or something!!??). So if you concieved on Thursday night, it would be unlikely to get symptoms till around about next Thursday or Friday.

You get test early from around 10 days past ovulation (but there is a high chance of it coming up negative, even if you are pregnant). Testing from day 12 onwards is more reliable, basically the closer you are to a missed period.

I started getting noticeable symptoms around 12 days post ovulation and tested on day 13.

Good luck!:crib:

Poppy what symptoms did u get?
I think I ovulated last tue/wed and was getting back pains straight after but now they seem to have calmed down...
Does this indicate anything?

Hiya all, i'm new aswell so will be lurking around these pages from now on, good luck to you all

:hi: Seems like Poppy answered your question pretty thoroughly, just wanted to welcome you to the forum!

just want to say hi, and welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->