Help FSH now 9.2!

sukisam

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Hubby and I have been ttc no 4 for 2 years next month. After 3 pregnancies from hell (last one with hubby) we decided on a vasectomy- to be honest I think I was still grieving after my first baby Emily was born sleeping. Anyway hubby had a vasectomy reversal 4 years later and we have been ttc no 4 for 2 years. He has good sperm count but poor motility 25% and 100% sperm antibodies.

I'm 40 in Nov and we have decided to see a FS for advice and to see if they could suggest anything to help (we've already decided ISCI is not for us as much as we want another child I think i woudn't cope if it failed and I think it would be too tough on all of us-kids included)

After a terrible consultation with another FS who said I was too old and fat and had 2 kids so who on earth was I there?! We have decided to see another FS, appointment is booked for 19th October.

My GP has redone my bloods on CD 4:

FSH 9.2 IU/L Oct 11 (was 6.1 Sep 10)
LH 5.1 IU/L Oct 11 (was 4.2 Sep 10)

Is this terrible news? on one results page it says CD4 FSH should be 1-9 but the other says 3.5-12.5 so am I normal or not?

I'm starting to freak there is so much against us but I'm not ready to give up.

thanks ladies in advance

Michelle
xxxxxxxxxxx

Anyone got any words of wisdom to share?!

My fsh was 9.9 a year ago- I am 40 next year and been ttc no. 4 for over 3 years, with 3 mc. I think your fsh is normal for age and it fluctuates anyway month to month. Have you had amh done, much more reliable if worrying about perimenopause. I'm sorry about your loss of Emily and hope you get your no 4.

Hi Lucky
thanks for your response.
I've not had an AMH done it can only be done privately so GP couldn't do it but the FS may do one next week when we have our first appointment, he'll also do an ultrasound so I'm asuming that'll give him an idea about my ovarian reserve.
Sorry for your losses too :hugs:
FX we get our :bfp: soon
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am 39 and my FSH tested this month at 14.9 after previously being 9.2 2 months ago. I was pretty devastated but decided to move forward with injectable IUI this month even though we thought I would respond poorly.

I have responded very well with 3 mature follicles.

So I went from hopeless to hopeful! So don't give up. FSH is an indicator but not a confirmation!

Thanks Hockey it's good to know there is hope, I'm not ready to give up yet.
really pleased to hear you are responding well,
FX you get a IUI :bfp:
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm 34 with an FSH of 10.6 and retake was 9.1, AMH is 0.7. We've been ttc #4 for 16 cycles.

Neither my ob/gyn nor my RE are concerned by the numbers, even though fsh is pretty high for my age. I have been told that I will have an early menopause, but that didn't really surprise me either.

I wish I had some answers for you. It sounds like you've had a really rough road. I hope you get your baby soon. :hugs:

Thanks for your lovely reply Ready :hugs:
You're ttc no 4 too! It's reassuring that your drs aren't too concerned with a FSH of 9-10.
Good luck sweetie
FX we all get our :bfp:
:dust::dust::dust::dust:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g