Help! How dehydrated do you get before going to hospital?

renee1306

Reaction score
I have been throwing up all day today, haven't kept anything down. Thrown up at least 6 times.. and so hard my face hurts and is all red!

My doctor told me that if I get dehydrated to go to the hospital to get IV put in so I get my fluids. Being Dehydrated is dangerous and I'm not sure how long I should wait before going to the hospital? My urine is super dark yellow.. but doesn't smell. I'm kinda dizzy and still feeling sick to my stomach and have a super bad headache. I'm sipping on one of those sports drinks to try and get some electrolytes and stuff back...hopefully it stays down.

Anyone else been in this situation?

Hmmm...if you are concerned I would go to the hospital to be sure...sipping on a sports drink is great as it will restore your electrolites and help with dehydration!! However they say that throwing up more than 5 times a day and not being able to keep water down or your prenatals than its something to get taken care of pretty quick. Dark urine does indicate dehydration...are you able to keep water down? I found having ice water was more tolerable for me, and I have also struggled with bad ms. I'm so sorry that you are feeling so crappy...go to the ER ...you don't want to leave it too long!

I would go to the ER. They will probably be able to make you feel at least a little better. I'd say after throwing up six times, an IV might be a good idea. I hope you feel better soon!!

hi renee - i am sorry you are feeling sick. i completly understand you. i my self have been through hell with ms that lasts 24/ 7 for the past 5-6weeks. a few weeks ago i was put on home iv. i don't understand why your doc wants you to get hydrated before going to the hospital..........if i were you i would just go there and they will help you. being dehydrated is not good for you and not for the baby either. good luck lady, i hope you feel better. have you tried any ms meds? i would ask your doc for meds as well to see if they work for you. big hug and good luck.

I tried Diclectin, the pill with the pregnant lady on it. I still was sick every morning and at least once or twice more after that. We just got back from a hot vacation and it was hard to get water or anything without alcohol... I live in the middle of nowhere and hospitals/doctors clinics are sooo busy and have way too many people in them so you don't call or go in unless you are absolutely sure you need to. Last time I went in with a UTI and took me 6painful hours to see someone!

I was dehydrated in my last pregnancy and had to spend the night in there on a drip. I was further on in my pregnancy (about 7 months ish) and it was causing me to have contractions, scary!
I didn't even realise i was dehydrated at the time, i just felt dizzy and a bit sick with stomach pains but my wee was really dark.
I would go and get checked out just to be on the safe side :hugs:
Hope you feel better soon.

If you're still peeing that's a good thing, though not great that it's so dark. You do seen to have symptoms of dehydration, though, so it'd be best to go to the doctor and get some fluids. You'll get rehydrated much faster than you could on your own.

Take care!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->