Help - Leaking BG nappies

sjbno1

Sarah - mummy & TTC#2
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Hoping you can help me solve a 'wee' :haha: problem we are having with our BG nappies :wacko:

I bought these last sunday and washed them 3 times to help absorbancy :shrug: anyway started using them on Monday and was doing so well until yesterday :cry: When I checked Izzie she had leaked out the side :dohh: and the insert was sodden wet :nope: then today the nappy leaked twice and again the insert was sodden wet :dohh: i'm not sure if Izzie is just drinking to much and the nappies cant cope but just wondered if I should be using the boosters aswell and if this would help :wacko:

I love my BG nappies and want to add to my collection but I never had this trouble with disposables and dont want everyone telling me I made the wrong choice :cry:

HELP PLEASE ................................... :hugs:

Are they new BG? which of the inserts are you using? Are they fitting properly? What snaps have you got them on?

We use our BG at night with both inserts and a microfibre cloth which holds up though very wet in the morning no leaks. BG's don;t work for everyone though and it's the same with any nappy, some just suit others better.

Hi Ya, I am using the big insert that came with them at the mo but thinking I may use the small booster aswell and currently there on the large setting :D I did wonder if I should change the size also incase the leg was too big?

which ones are you using, honey?

how long are you leaving her in one at the mo?
are you making sure all the insides are tucked in the nappy before putting the rest of her clothes on? (sounds daft but i've left a tiny bit sticking out soo many times when i've been sleepy)

It's all a matter of trial and error, are they V3's? try the next setting down and see what the fits like, i think we moved up to fully extended about 10 months but every baby is different. Also try the small booster in the pocket aswell :thumbup:

:dohh: posted at same time as you.

do try tightening the rise, it should be tight enough to get a finger in and not leave red marks on her thighs.

Hi Ladies, thanks for the replies, this is the nappies we bought https://www.mothercare.com/bumGeniu...2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core#productInfo

shes only being left in them for a couple of hours but i've noticed that since shes been having water with her lunch/dinner this is when the leaks appear?

I will amend the poppers so that there on the medium setting and try with the booster and see how we get on tomorrow :) i'm hoping to solve this problem as i've really enjoyed using them this week :D

Yea they are version 3 :thumbup:

Good luck tomoz let us know how they go!

We're still on the medium setting for our V3s and she's nearly a year old so it might well be the size setting. Hopefully they'll work better tomorrow :hugs:

thanks :hugs: I am so new to this that i'm still learning :D

We're still on the medium setting for our V3s and she's nearly a year old so it might well be the size setting. Hopefully they'll work better tomorrow :hugs:

Hi hun, what does your baby weigh :hugs: Izzie was 18lbs about 4 weeks ago :wacko: so maybe it is the wrong setting?

She's 19.5lb now so not that much heavier. I only started in cloth a couple of months ago so I'm still learning too! :D

Thanks Lu, defo gonna try a medium size and the boosters tomorrow :D

Quentin is 18lbs (5months old) and he's on the middle rise too.

i would try them on the middle setting and see how you get on.

Right ladies, nappies all prepped :D will let you know how we get on this evening - thanks ladies xx

Hope they work better for you today hun :D

Imi is a touch under 20lbs and she's in the middle setting too :) I do find I have to use both inserts and they are prob one of my least absorbant nappies so I change every 2 hours or so x

Hi girls, I used the nappy on the medium setting and used two inserts and they seemed to be ok - hopefully this is sorted now :D

thanks for the advice :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"