HELP Learning how to use BBT and Chart!!

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by americanhoney, Oct 14, 2013.

1. americanhoney

americanhoney Well-Known Member

I'm on CD5 and really want to start charting my temp but don't know how that works AT ALL. Can someone please give me some insight on how this works!! :thumbup:

2. Keds195

Keds195 Well-Known Member

Hi Hun I'm very new to this I only started temping this cycle. All I do is take my temp each morning at the same time. And log it on the fertility friend app on my iPad. X

3. Cookie1979

Cookie1979 Well-Known Member

Take your temp every morning before you get up, try not to do anything between waking and taking your temp. Vaginally is more accurate I think but you can take it orally. Input into a chart like fertility friend or ovufriend. You need to have had at least 3 hours of continuous sleep for it to be accurate. If you take your temp at a different time then still put your temp in your chart, as it will account of different times, but try and do the same time every day.

4. lanet

lanet pregnant after lttc

You should also use a bbt thermometer and not just a standard one. It's more precise so you will notice the shift more

5. babytry

babytry Guest

And setting alarm at the same time every day really works :)

6. americanhoney

americanhoney Well-Known Member

Thank you SO much! :hugs: So, when can I expect my O to appear in relation to my temp? Does my temp take a Dip or rise??

7. lanet

lanet pregnant after lttc

You won't know O until after. It will rise and stay high usually the day after. Sometimes but not always, you will get a dip on O day. Expect it to go up and down each day and after O you will see a higher range of temps