Help make this disgrace go viral!

skunkpixie

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I rarely post in this section as I only breastfed my first.

There is a lady that I am subscribed to on youtube, Lucy Eades. She is a very popular and well known ttc/pregnancy vlogger.

Today she posted a short video of live footage of her being told that she couldnt, and to stop breastfeeding her 2 week old baby at a recreational centre where her daughter was taking a dance class. Im having trouble posting a link as im on my phone (would be greatful if you could post on here when you find it). The video is called Breastfeeding Discrimination-Brick. Please watch and share. Would be good if this could go viral. This shouldnt be happening in this day and age! Xxx

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg_bfK75jQ0

Not sure if it will work - not good at these things.

It is ridiculous in this day and age that we are met with such discrimination x

Not to mention its totally illegal in the state of Texas to kick someone out for breastfeeding! I shared this on Facebook when it happened yesterday

If have squirted her in the face with my milk!

What as ASS, fair play to her husband for speaking up. Unbelievable. Don't like it, don't look!!

Xx

I just posted it to my fb page. Ppl can be so ignorant.

That's disgusting. I'm mailing them a letter explaining how offensive that is. It's a sad, misogynistic culture that tells women who are feeding with their breasts, which are MADE for feeding small children, that they need to go hide in a bathroom. An infant's comfort is much more important to me than the comfort of ignorant adults.

This makes me sad, there's a wee babe just peacefully nursing, leave them be.

Supposedly it's legal to say "Cover up or you'll have to leave." Because you're not asking them to stop or forcing them to leave since it gives the mom a choice. I really don't expect much else what with all the other disgusting stuff that comes out of that state's legal authority.

I'm just so shocked that this kind of stuff actually happens. Here in Australia no one bats an eyelid at breastfeeding. It's sad to know this is happening elsewhere.

It's hard to hear exactly what's being said, but it's obvious they have a problem with this completely natural and necessary basic human function!

It is shocking. Just horrible that mothers are faced with this humiliation and negativity when they are just feeding their baby :(

OMFG! :shock:
I would have carried on feeding for as long as possible in the most prominent place!

OMFG! :shock:
I would have carried on feeding for as long as possible in the most prominent place!

^This. It would make me want to pull out the other boob and be grateful for an overactive letdown for once.

That makes me so angry!

I was in a subway the other day and got the first bit of negativeness for nip I've ever experienced before... Some lady and her adult daughter kind of shook their heads ...

However I just laughed coz their child was at least 5 and still in nappies and filthy dirty... And I thought.. Mmm who's the better parent here?

Then I just felt sorry for her son

greenlady: I'm in Aus as well and I copped it from people because I BF, it happens here too sadly :( I've avoided NIP in certain places because of the demographics of my city (small city) where almost everyone FF, and business owners aren't used to BF. There's always a nasty comment or a bad look or a polite request to cover up or move elsewhere to be made by someone, unfortunately.

This has made me shake with anger. I've watched a few of this young woman's videos. I'm glad she stood up for herself. I hope my husband would do the same for me.

Can I get the link of this to put on my facebook page if anyone can get it! This makes me want to scream!

:( good on them for arguing and not giving in!

Made me feeling really sad for the baby who wasn't hurting anyone and just wanted a snack! The stupidity of some people makes me sad:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->