Help make up

laura&faith

Reaction score
I've been getting quotes for make up and it's coming in really expensive coming in at £200+ for me and 2 bridesmaids with a trial for me and one bridesmaid this is a corner I need to cut, are you doing your own and if so what make up are you using, are you splashing out on good quality make up I get real dry skin so I hate doing make up myself :cry:need help on this

I've not thought about make up yet. But tbh if it's a choice between paying £200 or doing it myself I'd be doing it myself :lol: Do you know anyone who is really good at make up who you could perhaps ask? x

I'm doing my own. I wouldn't trust anyone else! I am using my normal products because I know that they work well. The only thing I am changing is that I am going to invest in a primer and a powder to hold everything in place, and I am going to start a proper skin care routine a few months before as I'm rubbish at doing that! Try going to a MAC beauty counter or similar and asking about products, chances are they'll give you a trial of them and show you how to do your makeup as a professional would.

I'm having someone do my make up, she charges £40 for a trial and £60 on the day, then bridesmaids she charges £30 for a trial and £40 on the day! She did say thought that the bride is really the only person that should have a trial!

I'm also saying to my bridesmaids that if they want their make up doing then they have to pay for it themselves!

I had a make up artist do mine but i was lucky my MIL is a bare minerals trained make up artist, if she hadnt of done it i would have done it my self as i couldnt justify paying alot x

I'm having someone do my make-up. She charges £35 for the trial and £85 for the wedding day. It is quite expensive but she will be doing me only, would have been less if she was coming to do Bridesmaids/my mum etc. Also I couldn't find anyone local to where I am staying so she is travelling from Winchester to the venue which is about 20-30 min drive.

If I was you I probably wouldn't be paying for the Bridesmaid, just yourself.

I was going to do my own make-up right up until last month when I panicked and decided I just couldn't do it. I am no good at make-up and although I wear it everyday It never looks great and has always come off by the end of the day. I want to be happy with how I look in the photo's and not regret anything iykwim.

I am doing my own hair though, couldn't afford both.

xxx

I've think I've decided getting my hair done professionally and just going to debenhans beauty counter asking them to do make up on me and buy it and get bms to do there own an my sister who is my moh is going to do mine aswel my hair isn't to bad £60 for me 2 bridesmaids and my daughter and 2 trials

I did mine myself, my bridesmaids did their own. I went to boots and did that foundation test thing and then the make up woman helped me out and then I bought all the stuff.

I liked doing mine, helped calm me down on the day, everyone thought that I had hired a make up artist. Just do the basics - foundation, eye shadow, blusher, mascara and lip gloss.

I would recommend a eye shadow primer as this stops your eye shadow creasing.

Thanks thennewmrsb I forgot about boots doing the coulor match thing xxx

Iv not decided yet, im getting some one in to do my hair but not sure about makeup yet. I might just ask for debenhams vouchers for my birthday and christmas and go treat myself to some expensive makeup for a change.

I'm useless with makeup So really hoping I can find somebody affordable to come do it for me. I think I'll just tell the bridesmaids how much it is for theirs and then it's up to them if they want it done :blush:

I had a lady who did Bodyshop make up parties do mine. Me and the bridesmaids just bought some products off her for the wedding and other bits and pieces for her plus I think my maid of honour gave her some money for her time and expenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->