Help Me Pick A Kitchen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so torn!! I have to admit I had pretty much discounted the ikea one but how cute are these! And the storage issue we'd use the billie bookcase for a fridge and put a magnetic card on the front and he can use his magnetic letters and maybe some blackboard paint along the top. Too cute I think I'm definitely leaning towards the ikea one now :dohh: I'd need to lean to more unisex colours or just repaint when MJ is old enough to play with it. x

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-23-11-24-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-23-11-24-27.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_2014-08-23-11-32-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-23-11-32-31.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 19
I don't know if you've seen these (or can get them where you are), but I love the separate fridge and kitchen set. It comes in other colors too. We might be building our own though.

Attachments

• awesome-big-kidkraft-pink-antique-kitchen.jpg
    awesome-big-kidkraft-pink-antique-kitchen.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 3
I don't know if you've seen these (or can get them where you are), but I love the separate fridge and kitchen set. It comes in other colors too. We might be building our own though.

I'm in love with the idea of customising it for him now, thats really cute! I love the fridge bit too, I'm playing with the idea to make it a cupboard at the top and washing machine under with a circle cut out like ours as lo is obsessed with mine just now. I'm looking for a phone I could attach and can easily make a clock. Yep, I've definitely decided :blush: x

We have number 2, bought it for DS's main xmas present last year. He loves it and it's very cute, looks lovely in the lounge and is played with daily without fail. We left the door off the microwave and put the plastic toys r us one in the space (exact fit!) which lights up, spin rounds, beeps etc. We also got a 'working' kettle and toaster. I nearly bought all wooden ones but he definitely prefers plastic as it's more realistic.

Few things I'm not so keen on though. Firstly I much prefer the hob on the Ikea one as it is halogen style and lights up. This alone is worth buying it for I think. The gas-burner style on the little tykes one wastes a lot of play space and DS has no idea what it is. I'm actually considering taking it off and replacing it with a square of black acrylic to look like our glass hob and give some more room for play. Second thing is the fridge part, he has no idea what the ice dispenser thing is. Thinking that's about to get taken out and replaced with a chalkboard to hide the hole. The oven and dishwasher don't have any shelves so are just open cupboards, and the doors open downwards so are always getting stood on. The washing machine is TINY inside, about the size of a cereal bowl. And the sink doesn't come out so you can't fill it up with water. With hindsight I wish I'd gone for the Ikea one and spent the extra money on a cabinet to go with it (a 30cm-wide kitchen wall cabinet with the nexus birch door and some small legs makes a perfect matching fridge btw!)

Wow I love number 1. The Ikea one is such good value for money though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"