HELP!! Milk is gone after stomach flu??

lanaross

Mom to Bella and Greyson
Reaction score
Will it come back?? I can't pump more than an ounce and the baby was away today for six hours. We had a good feed in the morning but then nothing, I can only pump an ounce and I used to pump 5-6 in the morning and about 4 in the evenings just two days ago. Obviously I'm dehydrated and didn't eat anything yesterday but seriously? one oz? Will it normalize? When? does anybody have any experience with this?? I am already on fenungreek/domperidone as it is I just hope this is not the end :nope:

anyone? still at 1 oz this morning but after the feed. LO didn't seem to be satisfied. I feel it's coming back a little but nowhere near previous levels.

Hi..my LO is only almost 3 weeks old so I haven't got loads of experience..but anyway, this time last week I fell ill with a flu type thing, even though my LO seemed to be constantly on my breast..but my breasts felt soft and not full of milk & I hadn't leaked. But a day or 2 later my breasts feel a lot fuller and seems as if theres more milk again.

I'm not sure if it was to do with me feeling off or just random but my milk came back and I feel normal, maybe its the same in your case?

Good luck, I'm sure your fine x

I'm right there with you - had stomach flu and my supply has dropped right down, can only get out 1oz and before I could get 5-6oz out of 1 breast. My LO gets really upset and frustrated so I have to give her a bottle out of my freezer stash. I'm not ready to stop BF yet :nope:
I'm feeling so upset. I have started pumping every 2 hours and now I have a slight appetite again I will be back on the porridge tomorrow which I know helps my supply so I recommended you perhaps try that.

Let me know how you get on - let's support each other in this difficult time! :hugs:

I did, am trying everything. It's day 2 now and no progress. I am giving EBM and some formula, this is beyond unfair, I wasn't ready to give up. I thought I was but the closer we are to six months mark, the more I think we are doing great.

Poor you hun, that has happened to me too after a sickness bug and it is so stressful or worrying. Actually iv had three cases of this from illness. When it happened to me I just forced myself to drink as much water and eat as much as I could. I think it was being dehydrated and not eating properly during my illness that really affected me. I also fed LO as much as possible abs pumped between feeds. Three stressful days later and I could feel my supply uping again.

It's awful that a day or two of being ill or not eating and drinking as much has such an affect on us. Each time it's happened to me iv been so upset thinking its going to be the end of breastfeeding for us. Hang in there and just keep doing what your doing and hopefully you will see an improvement soon xx

well it looks like we had a good feed this morning with no top ups, when I tried he just laughed at me and played with the bottle instead so at least my early morning feed is okay now, tried to pump right after the feed at 6 and got about 2,5 oz, a little better than before. fingers crossed this is a temporary drop and I'll see at least some improvement tomorrow. I am constantly drinking but still not that hungry as I was before :(
thanks ladies :)

It's all about supply and demand, so just keep nursing, pumping if you want, and most importantly: no formula. Giving formula is a surefire way of reducing supply quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->